• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big bunny little bunny saga

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Ok. We have a dilemma. As you know chicky Lolabum left for the bridge last Wednesday :cry:, Max has been ok, last night however on returning home from work he dived at me, held onto me and I just knew he was lonely. :(

Me and O/H are going to install a corner shelf and give him our tv from the bedroom (currently sat gathering dust) and also a radio. If that doesn't work, we are going to try a bond a threesome with Jemimah and Roger.

So if we get to the point of needing to bond a threesome...well Max is 3.5kg, Jemimah 1.6kg and Roger 1.95kg, will this work? I know it's down to the temprament of the bun too, and I know some people do have little and large pairings. I'm just worried. We won't be getting another bunny, noone will ever replace Lola, but we want Max to be happy. :(
The issue is not all the time just when we go to work and obviously that's for a significant amount of time each week. :(

I'm very confused, worried and well of course miserable about all this :(. I want Makimoo to have eggy back but that can't happen, so I want to make sure he's happy. His pink bunny is helping, but of course it's not real. :(

All you can do is give it a go. If it doesn't work at least you know you tried and that you gave him the best chance of being happy with another bunny that you could.

plenty of people have big/little pairings that work out just fine so don't let the size difference worry you. Maybe think about their personalities and whether you think they would go well together? :)

we had a 4.5k with a 2 kilo, she just used to look a bit squashed and cheesed off when he mounted her, apart from that it was true love.

I think its down to personality...if you feel he will be able to bond and they will accept him it may be worth it...try it...:) Poor sweety xx

Agreed re personality. Fudge is 7kg (conti) bonded to a (although large) lionhead cross. Alistair (NZ White) 6kg, was bonded to Suki, tiny, tiny lionhead.

Think of Liz (Hugo'sThere) and her Big Dave! His true love is Herman bunster, who is about a quarter of the size of Dave! I literally think size has nothing to do with it. The only thing I would worry about is he might be so desperate for attention he harrasses the other two, but you don't know until you try. Good luck, whatever you try :)

my bridge bun girlie....bif...was wifey to bertie our rew frenchie....she was about 2kg...and he weighs in at 6kg:shock:

bertie was bonded with our lionhead merlin...whos 2.4kg....hes a big lionhead cross tho.

one forum i used to belong to some years back there was a lady with a hoooge frenchie whos hubby was...a nethie:shock:

and a trio of one nethie.....one dwarf lop and a giant.:shock:

i know its awful..but when they need company they need it:(

bluebell was in the vets from friday evening to sun evening keeping her sis company..but she was pts on the sun. merlin was hospitalised next day...deaths door..it was a shock. bertie was very ill for 2 days..now we know it was the pasturella response to stress of losing lady bun dazy-mae and then his merlin. within 48hrs bluebell and bertie were keeping each other company..ive never known 2 rabbits bond with NO humping...NO chasing fur pulling or scuffles. It was so odd but so touching.

sadly merlins never been allowed back with his beloved bertie..bluebell wont let him:( but he has two ladys upstairs...one he was bonding too and seemed bonded to.

only i have the feeling he only wants bertie...or prefers boy bunnys:oops:

Its a shock when within a week of you losing your beloved bun that the remaining one either gives up on life...or seems ok then has a breakdown and needs bunny loves.

i hope something can be sorted hun xxxxx

Back