• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

christmas pressies for the buns

hawkylops

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, im wanting to buy gifts for my buns, iv been thinking the usual willow sticks and balls, excel forage, expensive hay they dnt usually get but what else can i get them that they dnt usually have, also is xmas wrapping paper okay for them or do i need brown paper/newspaper. and what do you all feed for xmas dinner for the buns?

Stuff toilet roll tubes with hay and a fenugreek crunchie in the middle.

I am a big fan of the treat balls, put a few broken pellets in them and the buns are happy for ages.

Fruit tree twigs; willow, raspberry, apple, pear or hazel. Mine like an assortment.

Brown paper bags, stuffed with hay and a few pellets/treats.

Mine also like the wee balls you can buy from Hay Experts... usally 4 for £1......

Boxes.

Willow tunnel.

Those bridges made of fruit twigs.

Dry your own mix for them..... dandelion leaves, blackberry/apple/pear leaves, grass, clover, herbs like parsley or corriander.... put them in tubs, shake around every day until they are dry. Yummy. Be careful to only put a thin layer, you have to be careful of mould!

Back