• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My current fosters, Ralph and Roxy. been to vet

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
These two buns arrived a couple of weeks ago and are just gorgeous. I don't have any more recent photos, these were just after they arrived. They have settled in wel but i am quite worried about what their diet was before they came here. They are very skinny and need building up but even with a strict diet of Pro Fibre pellets, hay and fibreplex, i find all their caecals uneaten every morning. They have both had a dental since arriving here and I can't help but wonder if they might have problems with their molars. They are now outside and loving all the different levels they can use.

Anyway, here they are.

SDC12373.JPG

SDC12371.JPG

SDC12368.JPG

SDC12363.JPG

Last edited:
Ali,

What do their normal fecal poops look like?

If you need to get weight on them, you may need to slowly offer some pelleted feed, as profibre itself probably won't cut it, as it's more for us to assist absorbtion etc than act in place of a pelleted feed, such as SS/Excel etc.

Ali,

What do their normal fecal poops look like?

If you need to get weight on them, you may need to slowly offer some pelleted feed, as profibre itself probably won't cut it, as it's more for us to assist absorbtion etc than act in place of a pelleted feed, such as SS/Excel etc.

I know but at the moment I feel I need to get their poops sorted and then slowly reintroduce pellets. I had tried them on SS, Chudleys and Excel but all made the problem even worse. We are off to the vet tomorrow but I think they need a hay/profibre diet till it's under control then slowly introduce the other foods.

If I keep piling pellets into them and they don't eat their caecals they'll not gain weight anyway. Grr, wee souls. Goodness knows what they lived on before they got here!

I know but at the moment I feel I need to get their poops sorted and then slowly reintroduce pellets. I had tried them on SS, Chudleys and Excel but all made the problem even worse. We are off to the vet tomorrow but I think they need a hay/profibre diet till it's under control then slowly introduce the other foods.

If I keep piling pellets into them and they don't eat their caecals they'll not gain weight anyway. Grr, wee souls. Goodness knows what they lived on before they got here!

If they have caecal dysbiosis, it may take ages for them to get back to normal :(

Hope the vet trip helps, good luck with them and keep us informed :)

They are so gorgeous :love:

If they have caecal dysbiosis, it may take ages for them to get back to normal :(

Hope the vet trip helps, good luck with them and keep us informed :)

They are so gorgeous :love:

Thanks! I was tempted to keep them but common sense has prevailed. I look at them in these photos and their coats look dull. I must get some more up to date and see if there is a difference.

What scrumptious little bunnies!!!:love::love:

I'm sure that you will get them back to full health asap.

If anyone can.............you can!!!:thumb::thumb::wave:

Best of luck. x

You guys are so nice! Thanks for the confidence in my abilities!

I just worry about them long term now, if they are going to be dental buns they will be harder to rehome.:(

I hope you can fatten them up :) They're gorgeous! :love:

Thanks. Ralph is the same weight and Roxy as put on 120g to 1.73kg. After a long discussion with the vet the plan is to worm them and try a hay only diet for a couple of weeks and continue fibreplex. I will keep a close eye on them and go back to get them weighed in a fortnight. It may be that this is just how they are built but I owe it to them o have tried everything before drawing that conclusion.

Back