• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Hay in the plastic bags?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Has anyone tried The Dust Free Hay Companys hay in plastic bags? You can't specify stalky or soft so along with the plastic bags it's cheaper! Just wondered what the quality is like and if the bunnies still like it? I always have stalky which I will continue to do, I just need a cheaper hay for extra fill in the hay basket!

Yep I can get this from my local pet shop and the buns really like it :) their website says its not the same standard as the non bagged stuff but mine seem to really like it :) Its more stalky than not :)

Do you mean their pet shop version? Its very good hay but nowhere near as good as their proper stuff.

Do you mean their pet shop version? Its very good hay but nowhere near as good as their proper stuff.

They sell it on their website so I dont know if its the same as pet shop ones? Where you just normally go to buy and select stalky or soft there is another option of hay in plastic bags!

Not sure but the pic on the website is the sane stuff I get in the pet shop. DFH is litterally 10 mins from where I live and Norman delivers it to them. If it is the same then its worth a try :)

They sell it on their website so I dont know if its the same as pet shop ones? Where you just normally go to buy and select stalky or soft there is another option of hay in plastic bags!

Thats the one. Its good quality but if you are buying it for a respitory bunny IMO the proper stuff is worth the extra pennies.

Thats the one. Its good quality but if you are buying it for a respitory bunny IMO the proper stuff is worth the extra pennies.

Oh right, I assumed it was also dust extracted? Neither of my two have respiratory difficulties and they are indoor buns so arent continuously on the hay... although Daisy spends a lot of time nomming hay :lol:

Back