• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone's rabbit ever crawl?

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
Julie has the run of the kitchen and the laundry room. It is a good size area but we still allow her to have a hop in the main area of the house daily for more exercise while I watch her. It is somewhat bunny proofed but she can still get into trouble. Well she wasn't interested in leaving the kitchen until very late tonight. We were already watching a movie with the lights off when she scratched on the baby gate to be let in. I got up and removed the gate. She came out into the dark room but sort of crawled walked real low to the ground. She was so crouched down that she kept sliding down into a lying down position then she would scoot along on her belly. I have never seen a bunny do that before. She went back into the kitchen then came right back out and continued to crawl like that until she decided to go back. Usually she tears around and binkies in the open area and her feet normally slide. I guess because it was to dark for her to see and she was afraid? Any ideas? Or was she just being weird?

I've never seen any of mine crawl, unless trying to get out from under the settee. I'm sure someone will come along with more experience.

Mine do that when they approach something they are curious about but are nervous of, especially if the lighting levels are low.

Yes, Biscuit does it when he's curious/nervous of something and goes to explore.

Normally human food.

I am glad that other rabbits do this too. I figured that she was nervous because the lights were off but she still wanted out. She did stand up fast once and search about then dropped down and crawled to where I was at.

Yep mine do that when there's something new to them they're unsure about (particularly slippy flooring) but they also do it when trying to get under a small space

Mine walk alot if thats what you mean? Lola used to do it when she was trying to do something naughty on the sly... :lol:

Mine walk alot if thats what you mean? Lola used to do it when she was trying to do something naughty on the sly... :lol:

No, I don't mean just walking. This was crouching low to the ground and walking sliding along on her belly. I think that she was unsure of her surrounding because the lights were off. She definitely wanted to be out there with us even though her lights were on in the kitchen where she lives. Raul (bird will not fly when the lights are off. he still comes out too from time to time to watch TV with us but walks on the floor or rides us out.

Back