• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so stressed out :( (Boris)

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Well he's basically refusing to take his meds tonight, I managed to get half a Baytril tablet into him (he's supposed to have 3/4) but that last bit, no, no matter what I hide it in he just won't eat it :( And with his respiratory problems not getting any better it's crucial that he eats all of his meds, how else will I know if they help at all? :( Also on top of him not getting enough abx the fact that he's not eating much is making me extremely worried. He did eat a couple of treats earlier so maybe he's still full I don't know. I'll have to try again in an hour or so.

No point in this thread really just had to get it off my chest. I'm so worried about him :cry:

So sorry you're having trouble with him :( Lots of special vibes for him, my Boris says come on fellow Boris and take your meds xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, I'm just really worried, he's been as good as gold so far but now all of a sudden he's decided not to cooperate, I'm so worried that it's because he's slowly giving up :cry: but to be fair it could be due to a number of things, like my grandparents being here (he hates them so maybe that's stressing him out) or him just not being hungry right now. I could just be overreacting...but I hate seeing him like this and feeling so helpless. I just want him to be healthy again :cry: Seriously. If I had one wish it would be for him to get well :cry:

aaha bless you...I hope he manages to eat all his meds...try relax too...it may help him relax abit more...lotsa hugs and nomming vibes xx

I know what you mean, and feel for you. It breaks your heart when the buns won't take their meds. I would reccomend mashing up in some banana if all else fails, then at least you know that most of it is getting into them xxx

It could be my fault actually..he was eating the piece of banana in which I'd put the Baytril and then I touched it while he was eating.... which apparently put him off (I was only doing so to try and hide it from Bella who had already finished her slice and was looking for more :roll:)as he literally left like one bite. Which had that last bit of abx in it. It's so typical, he probably picked up on my anxiety and the fact that I really really wanted him to eat it. And being the stubborn little guy he is he must have thought "Nope, I'm having none of it!". I don't know, sounds like typical Boris behaviour. He's so sensitive sometimes.
I do need to watch him like a hawk though..if he stops eating we'll be in BIG trouble :cry:

Baytril is normally in liquid/medicine form? Id ask your vet to you the liquid type as opposed to the tablet as it'll be much easier to give it to him if he isnt going to eat it on food any more. Good luck!

Yes it is and I did ask my vet about that, but apparently to be allowed to prescribe that to patients (over here at least) they need some sort of license, which this particular clinic does not, so they only offer the tablet form. To be frank I've found them a lot easier to manage than the liquid stuff we were given before (Bactrim) as you can chop them up into tiny pieces and hide them in pieces of fruit etc. so they don't even notice it. He just didn't really want to eat anything now :?

Back