• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor bun - ANOTHER op!!

LainiT

Warren Scout
Poor little Ellie,

She's 4.5 months old, had her spay nearly 3 weeks ago due to her brother getting slightly too amorous slightly too early. Anyway, spay went well, all healed nicely I put them back together again on Wednesday...went like a dream, like they've never been parted tbh.

So last night I noticed she had a lump on her operation site. We're just back from the vets...he thinks its an abscess which means another GA to drain it and clean it all out. Bless her, I'm worried now. She's gone through so much already with her spay...anyone have any experience of this?? :(

I've asked them to have Maverick for the day too - having just put them together again I really don't want to separate them...or will she be better off on her own if she's feeling delicate.

Feeling very sad and fed up for my little bunny.

I asked them when I first was looking round for a vet to do their neuters, they said they do a lot, but who knows.

I don't even know if this is linked to the spay. The vet seemed to make out that rabbits are prone to abscesses?? Bless her. She looks really fed up..as do I.:cry:

It may not be an abscess but a hernia

Poor girl, two major abdominal operations in a month is not good news :(

Sending vibes for her xx

The nurse had a fiddle (!) before she fetched the vet in. Both said it didn't feel like a hernia, poor girl.

Mav knows there's something wrong he's not left her side all day

Back