• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extraordinarily greedy rabbit!?!

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Tango is obsessed with food. The second I walk into the garden, he chases Finx away and stretches on his back legs in case I've brought them something. He eats anything i give him in one sitting, and then takes anything Finx has left. He has even taken things off her mid-chew (although she doesn't always stand for that). She doesn't seem too stressed about it, but she's always liked to graze and pop back later, and now she can't.

A recent vet check showed, not suprisingly, that Finx had lost weight and Tango has put some on. My vet was still happy with Finx, who was probably a little podgy before, but said Tango needs his pellets cut down. I posted on here about it, and found what works best is cutting their evening portion down, and hand feeding Finx an extra portion during the day while Tango snacks on greens.

But he's so greedy!! I think I'm going to have to keep up this routine even when he's back to a good weight aren't I? :roll:

Julie is an only bunny but I have a simular problem with her being very greedy. She eats so fast that she has choked more than once. Which is extremely scary. I have to toss her pellets everywhere so she has to scavenger them and can only get a few at once. Could you try this with the greedy bun and take the other out and feed more to?

Julie is an only bunny but I have a simular problem with her being very greedy. She eats so fast that she has choked more than once. Which is extremely scary. I have to toss her pellets everywhere so she has to scavenger them and can only get a few at once. Could you try this with the greedy bun and take the other out and feed more to?

Finx would have to find hers too that way, but at least it would help slow Tango down! And with Finx getting her extra portion by hand I can be safe in the knowledge that she's not going hungry. They are a pain!! :lol:

Rabbits do naturally graze all day long nibbling on something.

My Frasier was a very greedy bunny at first. He was a rescue and I think maybe he was that way because before he wasnt sure when he would get more food. After a while he calmed down when he realised there would always be plenty for him to eat. He still always begged and followed me when I went into the kitchen though, bless him.

Back