• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxo

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I've just been emailed a reminder to vaccinate Lucky against Myxo from my vets before my current vets.

I shouldn't vaccinate him right?
With out telling my current vets because he's got a runny nose and the vac could harm him.

I wouldn't have a bun registered at two vets, as you'd want continuity.

So no, don't have him vaccinated, unless the vet at the vet who is treating his illness says to.

I had vaccinations done at a local vet and 'proper' consultations at another vets for a while, but I wouldn't recommend it. For full continuity of care, I would switch completely to the other vet, who would then advise as to whether the vaccination is a good idea.

Kool
I'll book an appointment for his myxo at my current vet. Then me and the vet can discuss whether or not we should have him done.
I'll un register from the other vets.

It might be helpful for you to have your own records so that you know when they've had things. I have a dedicated spreadsheet and computerised calendar so that I don't forget these things. My vets are good at sending out reminders but I still like to have my own notes.

Back