• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The dude Gizmo is a Dudette!!!!* U/D* With photos

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
Morning,

Well we got Gizmo begin of August, was told he was a boy, Lovely boy he was, just very very nervous.
Took him home, he settled well, and will stand a little chin rub, but kept handling down to a minimum as it stressed him out something chronic!

None of our boys have been done yet, as none of them had their bits yet (George is booked to have his off, Gizmo never had 'his' and Blue (head tilt) has never been a problem) so with 3 of us with them, they were all let out to run around together, never any fighting didn't really ever pay any attention to each other, Blue and George did, but they were in together until Blue contracted EC and George become a bit boisterous.

Last night, I went out to feed them, bought them in the house in two's as I always do, to clean out their little trays and top up their beds.

Came to Gizmo's last.. opened up the bed side of the hutch, noticed hair and a little 'nest'.
Heart began to race, felt for Gizmo put got Giz out and mum checked, Poor lil love was petrified, but He is defo a She!!

Now, we are petrified of her having kits in this weather!! :(

Last edited:
We havent let George and Gizmo out together in quite some time, Because George is such a menace, so we are hoping she isnt,

Its so scary, and we feel awful for not noticing sooner,
Shes just so scared of being handled, so we keep it to bare minimum.

Talk about bad wabbit owners! :oops:

We havent let George and Gizmo out together in quite some time, Because George is such a menace, so we are hoping she isnt,

Its so scary, and we feel awful for not noticing sooner,
Shes just so scared of being handled, so we keep it to bare minimum.

Talk about bad wabbit owners! :oops:

Youre not...you just took it for granted he was a boy!!

This happened to me with a ferret.The guy who bred them said she was a girl...i just didnt look to see untill I had him home....:roll:

But 3 months.... Thats bad!
We always double checked, did things different with Gizmo because of how nervous she was,
None of the others are really nervous at all, so they were a doddle, how silly we was!

But 3 months.... Thats bad!
We always double checked, did things different with Gizmo because of how nervous she was,
None of the others are really nervous at all, so they were a doddle, how silly we was!

Just let it go.You know now,how old is she???

Gizmo & Nest

Gizmo3.jpg

Gizmo4.jpg

Gizmo5.jpg

Photo isnt very good, didnt want to disturb it -

Gizmo6.jpg

She has always been on her own, the plan was to bond with one of our girls once neutered, Shes only ever been out to stretch her leggies with the 2 other boys.
Awful is an understatement!

Back