• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits- They Really can be Little *&%$£** !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
They KNOW how to wind some other Bun up. This morning it is like a Primary School Playground here.

Anyone who thinks Rabbits are not intelligent is just plain WRONG !!

Better go, I can hear more mischief kicking off :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Terrible behaviour here as well!

Throwing things around, toys, food bowl, a hole in my new shoes!!!!!!!! :lol:

It is mayhem here this morning :shock:

The only Bun not causing trouble is Morse. He is too busy searching out his porridge oats from under a huge pile of hay. He has been at it for almost half an hour now and he is not stopping til every last grain of oat has been located, sniffed and then eaten !! :lol: :love: :love:

My bun lives alone at the moment but she has started to dig around the garden and taking a liking to the bottom of the fence :roll:

Mmmmmmmm, was in P@H over the wkend getting litter etc.

Heard a couple saying "What about a rabbit? Nice, quiet pet. Doesnt make a noise and just sits and eats hay all day"

Had to say something. "So, you fancy a bunny? They are great pets. Like strokes, lots of food and running around" Man said "Oh have you got one?" Yes said I, hes lovely...and produced mobile with pics of Rolo on. They oohhhhed and awwwed at him. Then i showed them the pics of what was left of the sofa, the hall-way where he had eated the wallpaper from the first 2 ft of the wall, all the way up the stairs! Then I showed them the pic of Rolo sat amongst the remnants of my OH new down filled coat (looking VERY cute) The woman looked alarmed And asked why did he do it? Did he have mental problems? And I replied, "Cos hes a rabbit and thats what rabbits do. When they are not sitting in their hutch, eating hay...they are like naughty children and will do just as they want":evil:

Couple retreated and went to look at the fish!

Rach x

Mmmmmmmm, was in P@H over the wkend getting litter etc.

Heard a couple saying "What about a rabbit? Nice, quiet pet. Doesnt make a noise and just sits and eats hay all day"

Had to say something. "So, you fancy a bunny? They are great pets. Like strokes, lots of food and running around" Man said "Oh have you got one?" Yes said I, hes lovely...and produced mobile with pics of Rolo on. They oohhhhed and awwwed at him. Then i showed them the pics of what was left of the sofa, the hall-way where he had eated the wallpaper from the first 2 ft of the wall, all the way up the stairs! Then I showed them the pic of Rolo sat amongst the remnants of my OH new down filled coat (looking VERY cute) The woman looked alarmed And asked why did he do it? Did he have mental problems? And I replied, "Cos hes a rabbit and thats what rabbits do. When they are not sitting in their hutch, eating hay...they are like naughty children and will do just as they want":evil:

Couple retreated and went to look at the fish!

Rach x
I really think costs of bunny-proofing, cable guards, gates etc should be included in suggested budgets for house rabbits. The early months are proving to be as expensive as a child or a horse.

Ada got under my bed this morning, as I'd forgotten I'd left the door ajar and took much longer than usual to be lured out.
I hope they are not creating havoc downstairs and that the bits of pen fencing are staying in place. Don't want the washing chewed by little rabbit teeth.

People dont realise buns arent quite as docile as they seem:roll:

They see fluffy tails and soft ears. I look at Rolo-bun and see cloven feet and devil horns! But.......I wuuuuvvvsssss him lots!

Rach x

It must be a chain reaction in your house Jane, one acts up, kicks starts someone in the next place and so on till there's total anarchy!:lol:

Oh mine have been little angels :lol: I had to put gaffa tape over the corners of my leather settee to hold the stuffing in, followed by two layers of cardboard around the bottom of the settee, and they managed to get through it withing seconds!! I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to live with a chewed settee!

:lol::lol::lol: arent they funny! Last night we got home and Indiana was sitting in the sideboard area...we wondered where Archie was and had a look and he is in the tunnel...:roll:blocking the entrance..he was all fed-up and thumping about the place:?...not scared..just abit annoyed about something:?
Then last night - as we are experimenting with a catflap - so its taken up some of their bed area...Archie decided to eat half the soft dog-bed...we saw him, said no! and gave him an apple twig....which he was pleased about..and tucked the bed away...later I go through and hes made loads holes and pulled stuff out of the bed! but qiuetly so we didnt hear him!:roll::lol::lol::lol:

Guys, I think we should send Jane some special calm rabbits vibes. It sounds like they are gearing up towards an Animal Farm type episode!:shock:

Guys, I think we should send Jane some special calm rabbits vibes. It sounds like they are gearing up towards an Animal Farm type episode!:shock:

:lol::lol::lol: sending caaaaaaaaalmnesss and reeeeeeeeeestfuuullllllllllll viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibesssssssss:lol::lol:

The calming vibes seem to be working. EveryBun is snoozing now.................... til about 4pm when it'll all kick off again :shock:

getting mine to the vets this morning was a NIGHTMARE. taxi arrived and i was still trying to get them in carry case! i put one in only to find that as i was getting the other in, the first one ran out again.what a merry dance!:lol::lol: and to top it charlie has suddenly got a carpet fetish!:roll:

I made the mistake of removing one of the two litter trays last week (it had broken). Every day until I replaced it they had ripped their hayrack off the wall, strewn hay all over the floor, destroyed the cardboard box they sleep in, thrown their blankets around and chewed them, and pood all everywhere. As soon as I put the new tray in, perfectly behaved rabbits.

Bunnies certainly know how to inform us they aren't best pleased.:lol:

Back