• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby/pet gate?

Thunders_Mum

Mama Doe
My mum is wanting to purchase a baby gate for the stairs as we have to keep remembering to shut all the doors upstairs because of the buns chewing. My brother is useless at remembering and the internet cable has been chewed three time :roll: I don`t think this will work, surely the gap in the bars are too big? Then I noticed argos do pet gates for small animals, would this work? Any ideas?

I got a baby gate for when the puppy came home, its a Lindam one. The gaps are tiny between the bars, I don't even think my guinea pigs would get through, let alone the rabbits, even Arran the Nethie! :wave:

I have a Lindam gate too, my lionhead cant get through.

You could always mesh over the gate if need be.

We have two pet gates, one to the stairs and one at the lionheads doorway, both have got mesh panels attached with cable ties. Nutmeg waltzed straight through their one when I first put it up.

We have two pet gates, one to the stairs and one at the lionheads doorway, both have got mesh panels attached with cable ties. Nutmeg waltzed straight through their one when I first put it up.

:lol: thats what I can see my two do, I mean if my boy can rip the bottom bit of the sofa and manage to squeeze himself in that tight space and I have seen him do it, it doesn`t look comfortable lol

What kind of mesh do you need to fix to them that buns won't try to chew?

Do any holes need to be made in walls or door frames? Listings say "pressure fit" but one of the Argos reviews of the pet gate seems to mention holes.

I am already dreaming about how much easier life would be with a couple of these gates!

Looking at:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8704346/Trail/searchtext%3EPET+GATE.htm#pdpFullProductInformation
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3767618/c_1/1|category_root|Nursery|14417537/c_2/2|14417537|Baby+monitors+and+safety+gates|14417612/c_3/3|cat_14417612|Safety+gates+and+guards|14417615.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Scamp can ooze through the bars but only just, we covered it in mesh (painted white), You can get 2" square white plastic coated mesh sold by gardman (in garden centres) which looks quite neat (just attach with cable ties).

Back