• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So happy with Izzy

Alicia

Mama Doe
I needed to clean the rabbits hutch out today so I put Archie in the run on the grass and Izzy in the pet carrier so they could eat whilst I cleaned. Izzy never eats many of her pellets and always takes at least a few hours to eat the few pellets she does eat. I cleaned their hutch out in 20 minutes and by the time I'd finished she'd eaten all her pellets and her oats :D I've recently bought them different hay which Izzy loves and has been eating a lot of, do you think her eating her pellets more quickly is a sign it's helping her teeth? Or do spurs not go away unless they are burred?

Also, I looked in the pet carrier to see what she'd eaten and she put her nose through the side of the pet carrier and didn't run away from me like she used to :D

spurs can be grind down by a lot of hay munching so hopefully that will happen with Izzy!

I suspect it did with my Timmy, several months ago I could hear a weird grinding noise when he ate hay and after I got him to be a good hay eater the grinding noise went away, so I suspect he had spurs that got worn down. :D

Back