• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange rabbits?

This is my Elvis... named due to his lip. Not quite sure how this happened, but gladly it has never caused him any problems.

Any one else have rabbits that are different?

35hjv6b.jpg

I dont have a particularly strange looking bun, although my Mimi has an ever so slightly tilted head. She did look like this at one point :shock:

112_9698.jpg

But is now much better :D

Can I equest some more pics of Elvis and Lola please? Im loving the idea of a giant bun with a teeny one :love:

That's very similar to how Mischa's mouth looks. If you ever find out what it is I'd love to know. We think Mischa's is residual from an ear infection but it's never got better like our vet was expecting.

Well I have my Bella who has crazy ears, if that counts (not that strange maybe). They're usually like they are in this pic, but sometimes they're both uppy (I almost think they change depending on her mood :shock:)

nxlpf.jpg

elvis is gorgeous:D

eric doesn't have much of a nose as he had to have most of the twitchy bit removed during surgery. the only problem it causes (indirectly) is that if certain kinds of food are flat on the floor, he struggles to pick them up so i have to turn them over for him.

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Mimi looks like a little sweetie! I will upload some more pics of them together soon. They don't live together as neither of them have been neutered, i let them play together under a watchful eye though, Lola likes to wind Elvis up by running up to him then running away. Also, Elvis shares his house with Peppa my guinea pig, she is very timid and Lola is too in her face haha. Here is a pic of young Elvis and Peppa though...

2lthr4m.jpg

I have looked all over the internet for any reason why his lip is like this, he has never had any infections or problems his whole life because iv'e looked after him since he was born in the place i worked at :)

Bella is a cutie, Elvis' ears are like this when he is stretched out relaxing!

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Mimi looks like a little sweetie! I will upload some more pics of them together soon. They don't live together as neither of them have been neutered, i let them play together under a watchful eye though, Lola likes to wind Elvis up by running up to him then running away. Also, Elvis shares his house with Peppa my guinea pig, she is very timid and Lola is too in her face haha. Here is a pic of young Elvis and Peppa though...

2lthr4m.jpg

I have looked all over the internet for any reason why his lip is like this, he has never had any infections or problems his whole life because iv'e looked after him since he was born in the place i worked at :)

Bella is a cutie, Elvis' ears are like this when he is stretched out relaxing!

I really wouldn't advise letting them play together before they're neutered - it can happen very quickly and then you have an accidental litter on your hands.

I also would highly recommend against housing a guinea pig with a rabbit for many reasons. Especially a large rabbit.

that is why i don't take my eyes off them when they are playing, i sit on the floor and the space isn't very big so they are always at arms length.
elvis and the guinea pig get along fine, they are fed separately and she has places where she can go to be on her own etc.

That's very similar to how Mischa's mouth looks. If you ever find out what it is I'd love to know. We think Mischa's is residual from an ear infection but it's never got better like our vet was expecting.

ear infections can damage the nerve that travels close to the inner ear that controls the muscles in the face (on buns). Once damaged the muscle will at first slacken and sag, and then atrophy to become tight. The face then seems to pull up on one side.

Parsley has this as a side effect of his bad ear infection .

Once it has happened it would not usually get better as the nerve has been damaged and the muscle has atrophied.

In a severe case the eyelid would be affected which can result in eye problems -

Looking at Elvis that is not what has happened to cause his as the rest of the lip/face does not pull up.

ear infections can damage the nerve that travels close to the inner ear that controls the muscles in the face (on buns). Once damaged the muscle will at first slacken and sag, and then atrophy to become tight. The face then seems to pull up on one side.

Parsley has this as a side effect of his bad ear infection .

Once it has happened it would not usually get better as the nerve has been damaged and the muscle has atrophied.

In a severe case the eyelid would be affected which can result in eye problems -

Looking at Elvis that is not what has happened to cause his as the rest of the lip/face does not pull up.

Oh wow, i didn't know that about the atrophy, that's what I could never understand, why it goes up rather than sag, that's put that nagging worry I've had since about February time to rest, thank you. Xx

Back