• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep Tight my little Buggles xxxxxxxx

Dandelion101

Young Bun
I'm sad to inform everyone that my little brave Buggles has now gone to a better place.

After resucing the poor little bun and bringing him back to health from severly ingrown teeth and a massive cold nearly two years ago, this little fella had been such a large part of my life. When I was upset he would bang his feet to stop me crying he would hop up on the sofa next to me and give me a nudge to let me know everything would be OK. Six months ago we had another scare as he was going into to have his scheduled teeth file he had a major reaction to the anesetic and we nearly lost him, so after three days in intesnsive care and then a further month of critical care at home he surprised everyone and bounced through it all. After all that the poor little man had been through he was such a loving little bun. This monday I rushed him into the vets as I was really worried of his lack of eating and when he was taking his daily metcam his head was tilting, but on returning from work is was as if he was sitting there smiling at me saying 'fooled you' so I took him down for a check up anyway.
Yesterday morning he was off his food again and was relatively quiet, I gave him his antibiotic injection and a little syringe feed with his metcam and he settled down with his soft toys. Checking on him again at lunch time when I returned he seemed quite tranquil but interested in everything and hopped into his hidyhole. On returning from the cinema that afternoon as ever I went stratight to his hutch to check on him and he was lying on his side very shallow breathing. I reached in and picked up poor Buggles and held him I knew that this was it so I sat down with him on my lap, cuddled him and said my goodbyes to my best friend. I took him down to the vets to confirm everything and to sort out cremations, I just can't come to terms with it I have such a missing part of my life, I'm trying not to cry as I know from where he is he would be thumping his little feet telling me not to.
Rest in peace my little Buggly B Mummy loves you so very much, You have changed my life with the little time we have been together and I will always try and be as strong and loving as you always displayed. One day we will be together again forever young and carefree.
Love you xxxxxx
Bunny Mum, your cousin Robert, Pickles, Gordon the guinea pigs and Missy the Chilla. xxxxxxxxxx

Back