• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rolo not moving.

rolo

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

I noticed yest that Rolo-bun wasnt hopping right. Sort of tiptoeing on his back feet. He was eating and using his litter ok. I had a very careful feel and couldnt feel anything out of ordinary.

Kept an eye on him all day and at tea-time decided to nip him to vets. Vet examined him all over and couldnt find anything wrong either. Infact, he hopped properly while at the vets. He gave him a shot of painkiller and told us to fetching him back on Mon if he was no better, but that he was confident that he would be back to normal today, and he thought it was a pulled ligmant/muscle.

Brough Rolo home and he hopped about abit and then retired to his cage. I opened cage this morn and he hasnt come out all day. Hes eaten. Infact there is NOTHING wrong with his appetite and hes used his litter and poo'd. Also, I noticed him cleaning and eating the ceacel poo ( spelling??) as he normaly does. So far today hes had almost a full head of spring greens, a few cabbage leaves, a brocolli fleurette, 3 mint sprigs, handful of parsley, a small chunk of apple. And his usually pellets. Plus hay.

So, what can be the matter with him???? Im a loss really.

Any help appreciatied.

Rach x

Can you take him out of the cage and assess his mobility ?

Do his hind legs seem to have lost power so-to-speak ?

All I can think of is could he have hurt himself at all?? His back or his legs??
Is he lying in a place where his bones could get a chill???

I cant get him out. He just growls and bites. His legs havent lost power, hes just hopped into his litter tray, but very carefully. Oh hes hopped out of his cage!

Rach x

He's just hopped round the room and hes not hopping right at all. Hes sort of hopping with his bum in the air and hunched up. And on the very ends of his back paws.

His tum is soft and hes not cold.

Oh my bun!

I have no idea what could be wrong, sorry.

Could you get him to a different vet tomorrow?

I think he needs to go back to the Vet as it is hard to say what may be going on without being able to see him.

To me it sounds as though he may have hurt his back/hips, but as I say, that can only be a guess.

Is he passing urine OK ?

I think hes weeing. Ive emptied his litter tray today and the litter was wet.

Taking him back to vets tomoz.

Rach x

Sorry to hear your bunny isn't very well.

Adding get well wishes and hope you get to the bottom of it tomorrow x

Hope he is feeling bettwr soon, how worrying for you. Hopefully he's just pulled a little something & will be feeling much better very soon.lots of vibes.x.x.

Back