• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lazy little house Bun!

willowflower27

Mama Doe
Finley my boy has had various problems and operations so because of the cold winter approaching we have kept him inside as i felt moving him outsiide would be challenging to his system, He has adapted well to being indoors and runs around like a lunatic however missy morgana has become for want of a word lazy she comes out of the dog crate into the room i have them in positions herself by the radiator (has a guard round it) and quite frankly that is it she won't move!!!
I've tried tunnels, hanging toys, stuffed toys all sorts but she wont excersice and i've noticed she's beginning to get a little tubby, I've cut their pellets back to a tablespoon between them and feed them on grass/hay with some veggies.

So my question really is how to i get her to move her backside? she loves being indoors and i'll porbably have a fight on my hands to move her back outside come spring but if i can get her moving i fear she's going to be to hefty to put back outside due to high risk flystrike.
I've never dieted a rabbit what are the do's donts etc

Ive recently moved mine indoors for winter and also did the same last year and again have found they dont seem to run around as much as they do when they are out over the summer. I have found though that on dry days during winter, if i pull their run up to the conservatory door so they can run in and out of the house they go nuts and run a play and give some of their best binkys. If you can let them out then i would strongly suggest it. Hopefully lazy bun will soon get a spring in its step. Good luck

I adore house bunnies!

That sounds like my rabbit, who sadly lost through a tumor. He started as an outdoor bunny that could come and go as he pleased but was happier in with us that outside so he became a full time indoor bun. He was a giant breed so he was slower, however he did put on a little weight. After much research, I realised I was actually giving him too much greens in the first instance! Apparently, they shouldn't eat more than a potion of veg that would equate to the size of their heads. Mine had been given nearly a whole spring green each day as he loved it! I cut back a little on that and only fed him burgess excel food in the correct quantity and he kept a perfect size. Plus my children and I would encourage him to follow around the house! I have recently moved and am looking at homing another one hence coming back onto forums.

I would love to share these home videos of him that I have just loaded, as they make me sad but smile and giggle. I hope you love them too, kind regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uIaBKpLfyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7S6x8pTY0A

:lol:

Back