• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cookie last week, Jimby this week

rachylou

Warren Veteran
What is going on with my babies? :(
Last night around 10 when I went up to start getting the babies ready for bed, I noticed Jimby was huddled up, tummy pressing and not eating.
On vet advise we administered metaclopramide and ketifen, we then managed ti get about 7ml of Critical Care in to him.
Then he started to perk up and took some treats and fresh herbs, however a few hoursater and he went back to being huddled and wouldnt take anytg
hing so we syringed about 7ml. Still no improvement when wr
E just went back up and gave him about 5ml.
Will go back up around 8 and if still no improvement we will repeat meds.
Ease can my little boy have vibes :(

Poor Jims :cry:

Has he been pooing overnight ?

If not I would be very wary of giving him more metoclop' or feeds until a Vet has examined him to make sure that there is no actual obstruction in his GI tract. Gut motility meds and force feeding could make things much worse if he has an obstruction. If in doubt I would only administer water by mouth and keep him nice and warm then arrange to get the Vet to see him this morning. It may be that he just has a gassy tummy which will soon resolve, I hope so.

Sending vibes for him xx

I agree with everything Jane says, syringing water is the only thing I would really do now until I could see the vet.

Vibes for your little one and I hope he is soon on the mend x

Poor Jimby :cry: I agree with everything Janes said hun, if he doesnt pick up a vet visit is definatly in order (typical its a flippin Sunday :roll:)

Tons and tons of vibes xxxxxxxxx

We are just waiting for the surgery to open so we can call.
He did some poos around 11.30 and two were strung together with fur so I think this could be due to moulting.
We did just syringe feed him and tried to give metaclop but the flipping needle blew and that was our last one!

We are just waiting for the surgery to open so we can call.
He did some poos around 11.30 and two were strung together with fur so I think this could be due to moulting.
We did just syringe feed him and tried to give metaclop but the flipping needle blew and that was our last one!

Probably just as well till the Vet examines him

Good Luck xx

Sorry for delay.
Been to the vet, she said that she couldnt feel any obstruction and that his tummy just feels a bit bloated.
She gave him the metaclop and Zantac, when we got him home he wouldnt come out of the travel box :( He just sat huddled at the back :( he did take 1 piece of dill and 1 sprig of parsley but nothing else.
We left them to it for an hour or so then went up to syring feed Jims, we managed to get about 7-8mls in to him before he started getting too annoyed.
He is now back in the box huddled up again. :(
We have more meds to administer at home for tonight and tomorrow morning.

After seeing the vet today and after the above post, we left Jims to it for a little while when hubby popped up to see them he was in the hay box munching on hay!! :thumb:
He seems much happier in himself and took more veg and a fenugreek, so we are not going to give more meds or syringe feed as this may only set him back.
The only thing he will not eat at the moment are his biscuits but I know that is usually the last thing they want.

Cookie has decided to be picky too... She decided she too did not want her biscuits and seems quite quiet so we thought we should nip it in the bud and gave her the metaclop and ketofen.

I am about to go up and give them their veg so wish me luck!!

Thankyou for asking, Jimby is feeling much better and ate his breakfast, Cookie is still being picky. :(

Back