• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something is suddenly up with Lola :'( update p8

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
She was fine a second ago. Her cage door is open and she has been in and out eating, I heard her crunching some pellets. Next thing I know she is sat in her cage, breathing fast, and not wanting me to touch her (she wont be picked up normally anyway, but doesn't even want me to touch her for strokes). I've put some apple in for her and she is completely ignoring it. Normally if she smells one being chopped she's begging.

What on earth has happened?? I'm shaking like a leaf. OH isn't here either :cry:

Last edited:
She's just jumped out and sat down next to her cage, she seems to be shaky/breathing fast. Then jumped back in when I stroked her. She normally loves her strokes. I don't get it :cry:

She must have hurt herself somehow, but all she was doing was sitting eating? I havn't got any in date metacam now either :cry:

If your concerned that something is out of the ordinary with her- best to call your local veterinary surgery- they will have an emergency number left on the answer phone. You can ask then speak to the vet and see what they suggest- if they think it is serious based on her symptoms- they can then call out to you.

Hope its nothing serious- was the breathing problem temporary- or is she still displaying problems?

All the best.

Could anything have spooked her? Milly was like this with the fireworks.

If in doubt, call the vet!

Hope she's ok

She's a Dental Bun isn't she ? If so it may be that a molar spur has just cut her tongue or cheek. Is she dribbling at all now ?

Hi all, sorry for late update.

Overnight she ate her piece of apple, some pellets, and had been bumbling, but still hunching, and breathing was not quite back to normal. Took her to the emergency vets who gave her such a thorough checking over, and she could find nothing wrong at all. Teeth/tongue clear,lungs clear, legs,claws and movement clear. No temp. So for the moment she has had pain relief and the vet is going with her landing awkwardly and pulling something, somewhere. She is on just paper in her cage to monitor urine/bumble output incase anything is going on there but I really think something is injured. She did mention slipped disc at one point, has anyone had any experience of this?? I've tried searching, but can find mostly human ones we've posted on here!

Lola is a bit traumatised from the experience, a 30 min car journey to get there rather than our normal 2 minute. She's still sitting hunched, and still breathing fast, but that has calmed down quite a bit since we got home. I think the trauma of the examinations/journey has outweighed any good the pain killer has done.

They were so lovely in the vets, the nurse was bunny savvy, she has 4 herself, and the vet also has a bun. A lady whose poorly dog in their was also lovely to me, and it made me burst into tears! I've held it together for all our other vet trips for various things, but this one got me!! After we were done, I said thank you for being so lovely, and burst into tears again! Think 4 hours sleep had something to do with that!

Looks like a trip to our own vet tomorrow, I can see this heading to X ray. Just want my Lola binkybum back to normal :( Thank you all for your messages xxx

Back