• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to find a comfy & warm bed for bunnies that pee on soft things!

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
With winter coming up, I want to get N&T something warm and comfy to lie on if they choose. They pee on any cat bed I buy, also they pee on vet bed too. The floor underneath the bed is lino so it's not a huge problem it's just a bit gross really for them to lie in it. Also, with the cold weather the pee will go cold and poor bunnies will be sat in cold wee!

Any suggestions? The best I've found is a heavy duty tough waterproof dog bed but it's about £30 for a smallish one and that's a bit much really!

I don't really want to be washing it regularly, only every so often! I don't want to run a washing machine once or twice a week just for one bit of vet bed and then have to dry it etc :/

Anyone had a similar problem and managed to figure something out? Or any suggestions? x

The only thing I did was to have a cat bed type thing but with a circle of tarp over the cushion then a folded towel. If your rabbits like to dig at their bed to make it just right then they won't be fooled by that though.:wave:

The only thing I did was to have a cat bed type thing but with a circle of tarp over the cushion then a folded towel. If your rabbits like to dig at their bed to make it just right then they won't be fooled by that though.:wave:

Oo that's a good suggestion, thanks! I'll see what I can cobble together with what I already have, see if I can save buying one :D Thanks!

Back