• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

enjoying confinement?

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
i've noticed that Bella seems more relaxed because she is confined due to her sore knee, Edward appears just the same if a little "stir crazy" at times. do you think a bunny feels more secure in a pen, even if it is indoors, or is it that she knows she needs to relax and let her little knee get better?

Generally I think happy healthy buns like to be running about. However my Snowdrop is happiest sat quietly in a corner watching the world go by. She gets free range time every day but will dash about for 15mins then go back in her house.

I think it's a bit of both.
When they are excited and in an exploratory mood they will like to have a lot of space to run about and investigate, but then they want to relax I think most bunnies prefer somewhere sheltered with a good viewpoint. I think it's just how they've evolved. They feel safest and therefore can relax somewhere they are protected and out of sight.:)

My two love their dog crates & will often choose to sleep in there. Eben when they are given free-range of the flat (like now), they normally choose to stay in their room and sit just outside their cage.

It does worry me because I dont know why they dont explore etc but i think they just prefer the security of what they know (well, I think Peter does & Poppt just stays with him).

I hope Bella's knee is feeling netter soon.

My 2 are in a crate at the moment due to today only being day 3 after spay. They seem to sleep a lot but that's because there's naff all else for them to do cooped up all day. Poor babies :?

Back