• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When bunnies attack

Hessen

Banned
Arwen made the foolish mistake of going near Rum whilst smelling of banana, and Rum has had a good old nibble at her fingers.

There was quite a bit of blood and the cut was quite deep on her index finger, in a panic I phoned the mother-in-law to come round and help (wifey is at the gym).

We cleaned and dressed the wound, but do I need to think about a tetanus shot? Or any other concerns either for Rum or Arwen?

Poor Arwen!

I would check her vaccinations record, depending on her age she should have been immunised against Tetanus, it's usually with Diptheria and Polio and they, I think, have 3 of them to provide full cover, with a booster later.

A bit of Calpol or similar will help with any "throbbing".

Hope she's ok.

yes im sure tetnus is in the 8 and 12 weeks jab so she should be ok, you could always try medicom or wait for mummy to come home - she will know :D

Hope arwen is ok

Back