• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blossom's Tribute... I miss her so much

I've never had the courage to post this thread but it's time now...

Blossom Bunny, I love and miss you so so much, more than words can say. :cry: I feel as though I haven't been able to grieve for you properly with you passing so close after Jasper and I'm sorry. It doesn't mean I love you any less, I promise, you were always and will always be an extremely special bunny to me. :love:

I first saw you living in a hutch at my mum's counsin's house, my "Aunty Bev", I instantly felt sorry for you. :( Your hutch was quite long but it was not clean and not big enough for you to stand up in. :cry: I saw you because my Aunty had volunteered to look after Mischief and Tinker for a week when I was away, I let them go in a 12ft hutch, why you weren't in there is beyond me? I think Bev couldn't be bothered to clean out such a long hutch but she didn't even clean out the 6ft one you were in. :( When Mischief and Tink went to stay (I wish they never did but it was too short notice to book them in at boarding :( ) I took them lots of toys to play with and keep them entertained if they didn't come out for a play, which I don't think they did... and when I went to collect them and all their toys a week later, you watched as I hugged my bunnies and gave them lots of attention. You stared, looking out with your big brown eyes. I felt sad. :cry: I was told not to touch you cos you were an "evil little s**t" but I didn't believe that one bit! When no one was there in the shed, I grabbed a toy and put it in the hutch with you, a rattle, you loved it and instantly started playing with it, throwing it around. :love: It must have been the first time you'd seen a toy and the first fun you'd had in years.

In the next few months, I thought about you a lot, how you couldn't come out and play in the sunshine, got no cuddles and no fresh bedding. I wanted to cry and did at times. I wanted to take you home, you could be a friend for Jasper! (He had been staying with someone else when I was on holiday) but... I had already planned to take on another bun. A little blue dutch who I'd named Poppy Hope. Sadly she passed away before I got her but now I know that that was for a reason, so that I could get you! :love: I told my other aunty that I wanted you so she emailed Bev and asked as I was too shy to ask myself. :oops: Bev said I could have you, she was "trying to kill you off anyway" :censored:

I rang Bev up and went to collect you the following day. The carrier all lined out with fresh hay for you to eat.:) Arriving at Bev's, she said "are you sure you want her, she's horrible and bites?!" "I'm sure" I replied. When I went to get you, you were terrifed, I wasn't surprised though, you'd had no attention in years. :cry: I opened up the hutch, you ran to the bed area, then back, then back again. Wrapping a towel around you, I gently scooped you up, you were so small and your claws so incredibly long. :cry: I was so glad I could take you home. Your bedroom was full of fur, you'd been having phantom pregnancies and I just wanted to help you. I asked you old you were "about 4" I was told but we never knew for sure.
DSCF6823.jpg

When I took you home I was very quiet, didn't want to scare you. I let you come out into the bathroom for a look around. You were so nervous but you didn't bite me at all, not a sign of evil in you, you were gentle. :love:
DSCF6835.jpg

Me and my mum had to cut your claws, they were too long, you obviously hadn't been out of that hutch in a long time.
DSCF6865.jpg

I was a bit silly as I know I should have quarentined you but... I introduced you to Jasper. You were very cute together abut you were frightened of him and hopped off at times, you didn't fight though.
DSCF6894.jpg

DSCF6885.jpg

Last edited:
After a long cuddle and no bites later ( :roll: ) I put you outside in the shed. I made your bedding area all snug and warm with lots of hay. :love:

The next day I let you play outside in the small run, you LOVED it and I was so happy to see you happy! :D
DSCF6910.jpg

All through that day I had been thinking about what to name you, many ideas went through my head but I had to choose Blossom, I felt that now you were safe, your personality would start to show and you'd be like a blossoming flower. :love:

The following day you had fun in the large run!
DSCF6946.jpg

DSCF7018.jpg

DSCF6967.jpg

You could stand even after being confined for so long. :love:
DSCF6970.jpg

Jasper even came in for a play! (silly of me I know :oops: ) you did seem to get along though.
DSCF7001.jpg

DSCF6960.jpg

Not long later, you went to the vets for your myxi jab, then we booked you in for your spay. I was very worried because you were so tiny! You were fine though and not only did they spay you but burred down your back teeth too, you had spurs that were stopping you from eating :cry: No wonder you were so skinny, you would have starved to death if I didn't get you. :cry:

You stayed in the night after your spay and you were a very good girl, I was proud of you. :love:
spay.jpg

Last edited:
It didn't take long for you to come out of your shell, and I knew you loved me. :love: I brought you in for cuddles most nights or spent time with you outside. You used to follow me for headrubs, you loved it and you were so, so precious! :love:

It was soon time to bond you with Jasper, oh that went wrong. I was not prepared and you both had a massive lock on fight. You latched onto me when I tried to split you up, that was the only time you bit me but it was not on purpose, you thought I was Jasper and you let go as soon as your realised. I did have to go to hospital for a tetanus jab and my hand bandaging :lol: but I didn't blame you Blossom, it was my fault that happened! :( I tried many times to bond you after that but it just wouldn't work, you just kept fighting. It was a disaster. I did however manage to bond Jasper with Mischief and Tinker so my all time dream was to have you living with them. :)

We have many, many memories, like your first Christmas playing out in the snow!
DSCF8480.jpg

DSCF8488.jpg

*Mid Binky!* I remember crying with happiness when I first saw you binky :love:
DSCF8518.jpg

Photoshoots when you came inside...
blossom-1.jpg

DSCF7892.jpg

Some successful meetings with Jasper :love:
ies.jpg

aww-1.jpg

You even had a go at jumping and were very good. :) (excuse my bunny talk :oops: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5FjNsFULc&feature=player_embedded

I tried many times to bond you with the other 3 and Jasper and Mischief actually accepted you!! But because of Tink not liking you, it failed. :cry: Apart from once, 11 months after I got you! :shock: I bonded you in a neutralised pen in the shed and Tinker decided to like you and you were a happy quad for a month! :love:

DSCF3441.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF3743.jpg

DSCF3558.jpg

DSCF3452.jpg

With Mischief :love:
DSCF3732.jpg

DSCF3757.jpg

DSCF3353.jpg

DSCF3349.jpg

DSCF3326.jpg

With Jasper
DSCF3397.jpg

DSCF3383.jpg

Sadly when Jasper became ill (unknown then that he was ill, just thought he was having a bad day :( ) he upset all you bunnies and Tink and you fought, leaving you with a slit ear, I'm so sorry that happened Blossom, I was so upset you'd been hurt. You were rushed to the vets though and were given medicine. :) I was going on holiday 2 days later but Lynne who looked after you continued with your meds and said you were the most gentle dutch she'd ever met. :love: When I went on holiday, you stayed in a hutch with Mischief, Jasper was with Tinker. Tink and Jasper loved each other very much which is why they went together but I know Mischief loved you! :love: You were very happy spending your holiday with him. :love:

Sadly, that holiday, Jasper passed away :cry: I was distraught, I loved him so so much and my holiday was ruined. I just wanted you and Tink and Mischief home so I could cuddle you. When you all came home, I made the decision to put Mischief back with Tinkerbell, she was upset and I felt it only right for her to be with her brother. I felt awful for you Blossie though. :cry: I let you meet with Mischief and I spent time with you but I know you were lonely. Even though it was so soon after Jasper passing, I felt I had to get you a friend. I was planning to adopt a little boy for you once I'd sorted out appropriate housing. I was going on holiday to the lake district for a week and you went back to Lynne's. This time you were by yourself but all through the holiday I was thinking about getting you a friend to live with. :love: I was too late though, I got a devastating phone call, you'd passed away. :cry: It was just 2 days before your gotcha day too so I had you for a year and I hope you were happy and forgot the awful past life with Bev that you'd had. I don't know what you passed away with and I was worrying it could be lonliness but you got lots of attention from me and where you went and still got to spend time with mischief when you were here.

Last edited:
Lynne did say you were quiet but you got lots of run time and cuddles from her. We just thought you were lonely but really you must have not been feeling very well. I believe you died of old age, you were probably around 5 or 6 years old, you had gone grey on your tummy. :cry: The vet checked you over but there were no obvious symptoms. I just can't believe I lost another bun when I was away. Maybe it happened for a reason? Because I'd be too upset if I found you one day and you'd gone, maybe it was better that I didn't find you. :cry: I didn't want a post mortem done, you were already cut up with your slit ear, I just wanted you back as you were, my baby Blossom. :cry:

When you came home, Lynne brought back a bunch of beautiful pink roses. :love: I spent a lot of time with you cuddling you and speaking to you before I placed you into your grave. :cry: You were so beautiful. Your fur so soft and your face so pretty and your feet so perfect. :love: :cry: My dad dug a place to bury you and I lined the bottom with hay, I stroked you, kissed your head then rested you on top. I put more hay on top of you and sprinkled on some grass like I'd done for Jasper. I then placed in a pink rose from Lynne. I hope you are at peace now little blossom. :cry: We buried you right next to Jasper and I hope you are both happy at the bridge together. You have your forever friend now Blossom, Jasper will be with you forever until Mischief joins you. I feel soooo awful that I didn't keep you with him, then you wouldn't have died alone, I didn't think I'd ever be able to forgive myself but I know you loved me Blossom and wouldn't want me to feel this way, you were thankful I rescued you, I just know you were. I had no idea you'd pass away, I'm just so sorry Mischief wasn't with you. :cry:

I know we'll meet again somewhere Blossom. You may not have had that one bunny friend that stayed with you throughout, but you always had me. :cry: I loved you more than words can say and I know you loved me back. You were gentle, loving and would sit with me for hours. You were more a people's bun than a bunny bun! Everybody in my family loved you, even my dad (you were his favourite! ;) ) and that takes alot. :love: You were just so lovely though, you always came running to see me if you heard me coming and you were like a little puppy the way you played with your seagrass ball. :love: You were such a character with not an evil bone in your body (you were just good at defending yourself! ;) ) You were so gentle and trusted everyone after you learnt that life wasn't so bad after all and you were very good at the vets when you went for your vaccinations. Aww you were just so perfect!! :love: I love you sooooooooooooooo much my gorgeous dutchie bun, I know we'll meet again some day.

Good night beautiful, binky free xxxx

Last edited:
Beautiful tribute, you've got me in tears! :love: You can see how much better she looks in the photo's the longer she's spent with you, she had a brilliant last year and if she could talk she'd be thanking you a million times :)

What a beautiful tribute to a special bunny. So glad you had her and she spent her last months happy and loved. Binky free Blossom xxxx

aww that is a beautiful tribute and made me cry, I think Blossom was meant to come to you for a reason, she may well have passed away with bev alot sooner and she really was alone there, with you she had you which is more than she had ever had before! I think she died very very happy - I dont believe it was through lonliness - I think it was just her time.

You should be very proud for what you did for Blossom not guilty at all!! She died surrounded by love :love:

Hope you are having fun at the bridge with Jasper, I bet you two are causing choas up there doing what dutchies do!!

Binky free

Aww emma what a lovely tribute, so so sad though :( she looked so happy with you, at least you showed her happiness and love :)

A beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl. She had a lovely life with you, she was a very lucky bun. Hugs to you xxxx

That was a lovely tribute, brought tears to my eyes :cry: I'm so sorry you lost her but she has such a lovely life with you, you had saved her. Lots of hugs and binky free beautiful Blossom :love: xxxxxxxxxx

Oh my love I had no idea Blossom had passed. Your tribute has me welling up. Its clear to see she loved you so much and was happy she was with you. Don't feel guilty for leaving her alone you had to support your other bunny. Lots of hugs to you hun, be strong xx

Back