• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue secret Santa- parcel codes recieved post 1 !

Amy & Amber

Staff member
Its two sleeps until Secret santa closes! How exciting!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Heres a thread from last year to get us in the mood...
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?261560-Secret-Santa-Photos

And one from a few years ago
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ad-post-53-plz&highlight=secret+santa+parcels

Can rescues add what they may need this year to give santas a helping hand with what gifts to buy!

If you want to be a santa see this thread in general chat

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...secret-Santa-2011!-SANTAS-2-more-sleeps-to-go!!
Thanks!

Parcels recieved- as of 5th December

RU001-rainbow rabbits. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU002-Underhill Rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU003- Greenleaf rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU004-Rabbit and guinea pig welfare. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU005-Rabbit and guinea pig welfare. Arrived checked with resue and Santa.
RU006-Greenleaf rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa
RU007-little angels. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU008-Rainbow rabbits. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU009-underhill rescue.arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU010-little Angel rescue.Arrived checked with rescue and Santa
RU011-RSPCA Walsall. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU012-bunny hops rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU013-bunny hops rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU014- camp nibble. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU016-Tameside rabbit rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and santa.
RU018-honeybunnies rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
Ru019-wilford rabbit refuge. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU020-halfpenny sancutary. Arrived checked with rescue and santa.
RU021-Honeybunnies. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa!
RU022-halfpenny sancutary. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU023- wilford rabbit refuge. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU024-Scunthorpe rescue Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU025-Scunthorpe rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and santa
RU026-RACR.Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU027-RACR. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU028-bunny lane. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU029-bunny lane rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU030-Eastbourne rabbit rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU031-Eastbourne rabbit rescue. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU032-hopper Haven. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU033-hopper haven. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa
RU035-BARC. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU036-Rabbit residence. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU037-rabbit residence. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.
RU038-camp nibble. Arrived checked with rescue and santa.
RU040-rabbit residence. Arrived checked with rescue and Santa.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about what we'd really love to receive and have come up with a rather long list of ideas! :oops: :lol:

Food: We'd love edible treats for the buns, chew toys, SS or Excel pellets.

Cleaning materials: We get through lots of kitchen towel, hutch cleaning spray, newspapers, strong bin liners.

Bedding: We use towels for some of the indoor buns, which unfortunately don't last long due to bunny teefs, so second hand towels are always required.

Other items: Food/water bowls, 1ml syringes.

I'd like to say a big 'Thank You' to everyone taking part in this years Secret Santa :love:

The bunnies are excited, they know Santa is coming soon ;)

Practical things like bin liners, kitchen towels, hutch cleaner, bottle brushes, 1/2/5ml syringes, hand sanitiser always come in handy.

Luxaries are always nice too, toys(willow/grassy toys always go down a treat!), treat hay/readigrass, healthy treats they never get often. This may sound daft, but apple/pear/willow sticks!

Then theres more expensive things like snugglesafes that are a must this time a year, and snugglesafe covers normally have to get replaced often due to naughty teefs!

Food bowls and water bottles, we get through alot! Our bunnies are mainly fed on Excel, or SS if Excel doesn't agree with them. The list is endless. I know its nice to get useful things, but ultimately christmas is about the bunnies so its nice for them to have a toy on Christmas morning :love:

xx

For us food bowls, water bottles, snuggle safe covers and especially toys and treats are much appreciated by our bunnies- they so enjoyed last chrismas. It was the first one we have been in and we had the flu, so it was nice to know the rabbits still got to enjoy some treats while we dragged ourselves out to feed and water and then fall back into bed!

Knowing what the rescues need is going to make this alot easier!
I have quite abit of stuff already but if I find out the rescue I'm given isn't in desperate need for what I have I can use that stuff for my buns and buy new things :D

I'm sooooo excited, I love buying presents for other people and getting to send some to bunnies is even more special :love:

We will be happy with anything :D I love secret santa, getting pressies for the bunnies is more exciting than getting presents for ourselves on Christmas day :oops::lol::lol:

I've just looked through the old threads; it looks like lots of rescue bunnies had very happy christmases thanks to their Secret Santas. :love::love::love:

The ideas from rescues are very useful too - keep 'em coming. :D:thumb:

I have quite abit of stuff already but if I find out the rescue I'm given isn't in desperate need for what I have I can use that stuff for my buns and buy new things :D

I'm sure rescues would still appreciate the things you've bought, even if they aren't listed. ;):D

we are grateful for anything ...but particulary appreciate willow toys etc ... stuff that we cant usualy afford to buy .

also appreciate......
paper towels
wood based cat litter
posh hay
natural treats
vouchers /gift cards for morrisons/asda
bottle brushes
fleece blankets

but as i said earlier ...absolutly everything and anything :wave:

Again we appreciate whatever people send

things we use a lot of
kitchen roll
Bin liners
Rubber gloves
Exam gloves
Scourer pads
Willow toys
Fenugreek crunchies or similar "healthy" type treats for bunnies
Hand wash/gel
dustpan/brushes
Dried safe leaves/herbs and any special hays
Vouchers for any of the big supermarkets to buy veg and fresh herbs

thanks to all for arranging it and to those taking part :D

I'm glad the rescues are listing what they really need most! It's very helpful for the Santas! :thumb:

I'm glad the rescues are listing what they really need most! It's very helpful for the Santas! :thumb:

Anymore rescues like to add to a list of things they need? some of us have been allocated our Secret Santa numbers and rescue :D!!

Sorry only just seen this thread :oops::oops::oops:

Feel like I'm a bit late to the party.

We are grateful for anything we receive but for those looking for specific things that would help us here are just a few

Hay's
Washing up brushes
Water bottles - opaque preferred
Heavy duty rubbish bags
Healthy treats
Tunnels and tubes
Barley rings
Dried herbs
Litter trays
Jingle balls, rattles (I like to give everyone a toy to play with but we appear to have a shortage at the moment)
We use A+P for the buns

Hope that helps are Secret Santa's a bit, but anything at all will really help us at this festive time.

Its really helpful to know what the rescues want & need....I know that we can give anything. but a list really helps...please keep adding rescues!

:wave:

Thankyou to everyone participating in Secret Santa for rescues.

We are grateful for anything we receive in particular anything that will cheer up the buns over christmas that have not yet found there forever homes.

Things the bunnies would most enjoy for christmas:

Towels or Fleece Blankets
Special Hays ( We have a constant supply of farm hay here, so the buns are given other special hays only as a luxury or to encourage hay eating)
Healthy Treats/ Sticks/ Wooden Chews
Bunny Toys- Wooden Toys, Tunnels, willow balls etc ( Our current expenses go primarily on vet bills and essential care costs rather than any luxuries)
Supermarket vouchers- for fresh fruit and veg
Dried Herbs

Things we commonly use :

Food bowls/Water bowls (We use ceramic dog bowls for all the bunnies)
Brushes/ Grooming Gloves/ Nail Clippers
Latex/Rubber Gloves ( we use these for our quarantine bunnies and also for bunnies that have ongoing health issues)
We use excel, science selective and wagg pellets. ( It would be good to send out mini bags to our foster carers rather than the large bags we use)
Large Corner Litter Trays/ 32l underbed storage boxes
Brushes/ Grooming Gloves

Things we don't use quite so much:

Bin Bags ( We have a wheelbarrow and muck heap on the yard for rabbit waste)
Water Bottles ( We don't use these anymore)

Hope this helps with ideas. Anything that arrives for the buns will be very much appreciated even if not on the list.

Thankyou Secret Santas!

Last edited:
All very useful posts from the rescues! More input would be great :D Especially greenleafs one of what they would prefer and not use so much! More rescues get posting :mrgreen:!

Don't forget there are lots of things you can do for free/cheap that you can add to your SS parcel :D

I've been saving loo rolls for a month or two and I have a whole box full. Gonna stuff them with hay and put a few fenugreek crunchies, or a few pellets, or a few other treats, or a few raisins in the middle of each. Also been buying my mom roses (I'm totally in her good books) and then when they go a bit rubbish I nick the leaves and dry them out! My two don't like the dried rose leaves but I'm sure somebunny at the rescue will appreciate them :mrgreen: If anyone has any cheap ideas or good ones why not post them :D?

If anyone has any bunny treats left over from the bakeathon why not add some to your parcel!
Yummy for the buns and thoughtful too!

Willrescues accept hand made toys?
Also, as it's christmas, willyoghurt drops beaccepted? Can people give examplesof healthy treats? Thank you :D

Back