• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow sticks

Alicia

Mama Doe
Do you think these would be good for Izzy with her teeth problems? I know hay is the most important and she gets lots of hay but I thought willow sticks might be something fun for her to do and might help her teeth. She's got spurs on her back teeth, I don't know if willow sticks are good for the front teeth or back teeth?

I think wood is for the front teeth and hay for the back but i dont know really.

Apple wood from trees is also good :)

I was going to suggest the apple sticks aswell...I bought Willow sticks for my two and they only ever touched the first one and then after that they just picked them up and chucked them about but never actually chewed on them. they go crazy for the apple sticks though and sit and strip them of the outter layer and then much through the stick :)

I got a huge box of them from fluffers~
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...Sticks-for-sale-in-aid-of-Honeybunnies-Rescue

I think wood is for the front teeth and hay for the back but i dont know really.

Apple wood from trees is also good :)

Yup, wood and bark for the front as those are the teeth they use to bite off things and gnaw, and hay for the back teeth.

Mine always ignored the willow twigs you can buy, they prefer things like that fresh and really enjoy the apple sticks Fluffers sorts out. :):thumb:

Yup, wood and bark for the front as those are the teeth they use to bite off things and gnaw, and hay for the back teeth.

Mine always ignored the willow twigs you can buy, they prefer things like that fresh and really enjoy the apple sticks Fluffers sorts out. :):thumb:

So would the apple sticks be good for the front teeth or back? I might get some anyway because I think Archie and Izzy would like them :)

Thank you :) I might get some for the rabbits anyway, I think they'd be a good christmas present for them :D

Back