• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Rosie Please/ Blockage 100% better,UD p. 114

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Mike has rushed her down to the vets as she wasn't good this morning and he has just text me from the vet's to say her glucose levels are very high and they are just going to x-ray her.

Please can I have some Vibes for my girl I have already lost Pud I can't lose another :cry:

Thank You.

Last edited:
omg no...not another bun..whats going on right now...so many buns with gi probs...and so many having tummy ops for blockages and bloat. Is it the time of year..moulting their coats for winter coats...perhaps?

i know of one bun who survived,..ask doncat about her beautiful bob the black mini lop who had eaten his cohesive bandage strands and no body knew until the vet opended him up!

my merlin was lucky enough to pass his blockage over a year ago but they say surgery wont hekp the rest of the problem associated with it as its too tightly conencted and wrapped aorund his gi tract.

All i can say is im sending as many vibes as i can..and loads of hugs for you.....its bad enough when they got for a dental or speying neutering or xrays.....the ga scare. But shes in the best place with the best chance of her survival. our bandit passed a blockage and twisted his bowel and had a totally empty tummy....and was dying when we realised it wasnt bif after all with the dodgy tummy and teny pops..we had him pts about 10 mins later:( if id spotted it sooner i like to think the surgery for the blockage would have saved him......

come on rosie...the cards are on the table sweetie pie...show em how clever and fighty you are xx

not enough is known to be honest about bloat bowel torsion bowel obstruction...etc in buns like it is in cats and dogs...hopefully one day soon it will be.

try and rest..sleep even for when she comes home..you will be up all the time....hugs xx

thinking of you - we still have the wonderful Willow who had her blockage op about 3 years ago now and recovered really well.

thinking of you - we still have the wonderful Willow who had her blockage op about 3 years ago now and recovered really well.

Oh that is good to hear, at the moment I am just so paranoid after losing Pud on the 6 th November due to him having a reaction to the GA, I'm still trying to cope with getting over him and now this :(

Thank You
xx

Update 8:16 pm

Rosie has had her Op and they are just waiting for her to come round more. Mike has been there all afternoon and he is going to bring her home as there is nobody on duty throughout the night at our Vet's and we could have took her to another Vet's for the night but we don't want to. We are going to have to part her from Murphy and that will be bad enough but to be in a strange place as well without Murphy will be too much for Rosie as she is a nervous bunny. We have all the meds here and we shall sit up with her through the night.
The vet said if we had left it any longer she would have died as when she opened her up she was so full of gas she would have exploded. The blockage was due to fur.

Back