• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rabbit and wires

Hi everyone
Im new to the group we got a rabbit last monday hes just over a year old and he descovered the wires today we tried some spray on them but it hasnt worked.2 phones down now lol.i knw he cant help it bless him he has loads of toys to chew and play with tunnels ect.. he has been responding to clicker training but instead of a clicker he responds to the treat bag been shaken.do u think i should carry on with that but in the mean time what can i try and use around the wire.hes a house rabbit as we live in a flat.Any help would be great thank u in advance.
sarah

Maybe you'd like to check out the indoor housing sticky, specifically the part on rabbit proofing, the link is in my signature :)

To rabbits wires are like roots and tree suckers so it's natural for them to want to chew them so the only thing you can do is move them out of the way or protect them.

We have this sat immediately above our skirting to contain the TV wires:
http://www.theplasmacentre.com/wall-brackets/cable-trunking/1608tsc1-white.html?menu=lspecial&bp=80

Phones and laptops that move around are harder - we tend to keep phone chargers in the bedroom (where the buns aren't allowed). The laptop is really the only thing then, and we just have to make sure we unplug it and put it out of reach every time we leave the room. We could of course just buy a new laptop with a battery that lasts longer than 5 minutes, but that would be too easy.

Ah bless him!

I have lost 2 lamps, a TV, hair straighteners and an iPhone charger to my bunny Dudley. The most recent addition to appliance heaven is my partners charger! It's the second one the rabbits have got! I told him that Dudley was eying it ip for a nibble but he didn't listen and we watched him nip straight through it!

For all the main cables I have protector round them that I have got from B and Q. It's not cheap but it seems to work. It's possible for them to chew through it but it's hard work so don't seem to bother. I think Maplin do something similar. U just have to wind it around the cable.

Hope ur enjoying ur little man.

Jamie xxxxx

Back