• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you fully cover the run if its raining?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
Its drizzly here and I have half the run covered with clear tarp (it coves the whole run but i folded half back to let them see out!) and the hutch cover is also down over the upstairs of the hutch..So they have the whole hutch and first part of the run (the end attatched to the hutch) which is dry but they are both out in the uncovered bit in the drizzle :roll: Should I cover the whole lot or trust that they will go in when they have had enough? there is plenty of bedding and hay in the litter trays for them to snuggle into if they want some im thinking I will leave them to it...but they look a bit sorry for themselves sat out there :?

I dont :wave:

I cover half the runs so the buns can make their own choice :)

I probably would cover up an elderly or frail bun.....getting wet or cold wouldnt be good for them. :)

my run is attatched to the open shed doors so i have tarp down the front of the shed doors dropping across the first half of the run. the run is 14 ft long so most of the first half has the top covered and the other half is left without so the bunnies can choose, the sides aren't covered.
plus with the constant weather changes if i am at work i'm not worrying they are getting wet or missing a chance of sunshine!

i am thinking of trying to find a way to totally enclose it for when the really bad weather comes as last year they staed locked in the shed a few days and they hated it!
i am looking at adapting an outdoor patio cover, joining 2 together... or something! :D

Thank you for your replies :) I left it half covered and they did sit out for a while but are now upstairs on the landing snuggled in the hay and cleaning each others ears! :love:

Back