• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minnie. How amazing!

MPHF

Alpha Buck
Minnie was on her last legs on Sunday. She has been here for 2 years and she came with tooth root problems and abscess'.
She was being treated with Convenia injections evry 2 weeks and Metacam for pain. On Sunday she wasn't eating or drinking and I thought Monday would be the day so I got in touch with Sky-0 who came round on Sunday evening. She was surprised how good she looked although she could see the pain in her eyes. She said she would take me to the vet on Tuesday as MInnie had improved a little.
When we went on Tuesday I asked Sky-0 to come in with me. The vet tried to feel Minnies abscess' and she really flinched and was in a lot of pain. I think he was thinking P.T.S but we wanted to try penicillin. I asked him about it and after we both told him what we thought and about splitting the dose of metacam helping her he agreed. He gave Minnie a dose of Crystapen in her muscle and said come back in 2 days to see how she is getting on. Also when Minnie has travelled before it has messed her gut up and she has had messy poos but Sky-0 said to strap her in instead of being on my lap. This has worked remarkably well and hasn't messed her gut at all.
So yesterday Sky-0 came round before we went to the vets and saw Minnie. She was doing bunny 500s and running, something we haven't seen in a long time.
When we went in to see the vet he couldn't believe the difference in Minnie. Her abscess' have got smaller already and he was stuck for words. We are now giving Minnie a sub-q injection at home every other day. First one was last night and was fine. Last night she flopped and binkyed. I am so happy at the improvement in her.
A massive huge big thank you to Sky-0 for all the help and support and lifts.:D
I think this is proof if you do your research,which I done on RU, and find something you think will help your rabbit, tell your vet, talk to them and advocate your bunny.:thumb:

Absolutely brilliant news, after hearing her story the other day, i was amazed. Now you've found a new treatment routine, lets hope Minnie can continue the bunny 500's and binkies :D

Thank you both.

I nearly cried 3 times yesterday through sheer happiness. That has never happened before.
One was because I won some money on the lottery, one was for Minnie and the last was a magic parcel we were sent.;)

Thank you both.

I nearly cried 3 times yesterday through sheer happiness. That has never happened before.
One was because I won some money on the lottery, one was for Minnie and the last was a magic parcel we were sent.;)

:love::love::love:

I'm so so happy for you, here's to many more enjoyable times for you and your family and Minnie :D

Back