• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a few vibes for merlin please

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i am hoping its not the start of another full blown attack....but i have this sinking feeling it is...im hoping so hard it isnt.

for those that may not know..merlin has a terminal GI problem....he has what is known as inflirating fatty lipomas wound around his gi tract....and it is NOT operable.....:( the problem is a flare up means he gets terrible pain and tenderness....becomes a bit lethargic alhto may still eat. His poops are tiny ebcasue of this already..but they get smaller and sparser. There are smudges of excess cecals which theres not normally.

im terrified also because hes been sleeping in the hallway beside the lounge baby gate...he just wants the lounge..bertie and the cats back poor little soul. Hes been like that for weeks but the smudges are a weeks worth...
nikki found a chupa chup mini lollipop which freyas been nicking...and running round the house with...we have a bag rolled over and stuffed in a box...so no idea where these came from. personally i think from nikkis food box and she hasnt realised yet. a bunny has eaten a big chunk out of each lollipop..guessing its merlin. When he was bonded to bertie...they found nikkis christmas box...dragged the half a bag of glacier fruits out...waited for us to fall asleep and ate some...:shock:

i am going to see how he goes overnight as hes begged for and eaten his pellets and some hay....there are some poops....hes alert up here but semi concious downstairs..either he got cold...or he was too comfy?

if hes worse..off to vets..usually involves a stay of at least a week with meds..jabs..iv fluids etc.
if hes about the same then i will give him metacam and metaclop syrup....

fingers crossed.

Oh poor Merlin! :( Sending vibes that he is feeling better soon! (((((((((((((Merlin))))))))))))

Haven't tasted a Chupa Chup in a long time. Good grief they were small enough back then, now they make minis?

There are so many things my bunnies could get into in my house despite bunnyproofing, so I can't let them be free range. :(

I really hope Merlin's going to be okay. He's such a cute, wee bub. :)

thank you all so much..it must have helped loads. After confining him to cage rest i have been able to monitor the poops better. he seems pretty alert and begged again for his breakfast....there some more poops...a fair amount but smallish....but hes still nibbling hay so im hoping he will get better soon. This disaster of a dietray nature is a common pitfall of free range house bun coupled with idot cat! the thing is ive searched everywhere..i can find any lolipops....where on earth is freya finding them:shock:

none today on the loose.

he had phoebe running around last night..he enjoys his visits...then bluebell got out the open gate before it could close...its self closing! she got jumped on by phoebe...no biting growling or fur pulling but the oddest bunfight as usual..phoebe baits her then runs out jumps on her..hides then runs and literally headbutts her! scares bluebell and gets merlin sooo excited.

he seems to be stable..no more soft poops that i can see and he doesnt smell so we know hes still able to wash himself.

if theres a change then the vets i will go. Hes such a cute affectionate cheeky house wrecking dandy.....hes moulting his mane now...its crazy..he moults his mane in autumn winter and grows a full lion mane in summer:shock:
he misses bertie very much and have washed through the gate bars. its sad but for the best...he had access to too much food a berties a frenchie! he groomed and washed bertie all the time...so that blockage the first time he had the gi diagnosis...that actually managed to be passed fully...was obviously wads of bertie fur.

how can i tell him and bertie that:(

he was happiest with bertie..unbonded from phoebe..we wonder..as crazy as it sounds..do you think he prefers boy bunnies..or just like all of us he adores bertie:oops:

aww bless you..ill tell him that...he will feel so happy someones called him a cute wee bubb:wave:
yep chupa chup minis...30 lollipops for £1 :shock:

Thank you so so much...he seems ok and has pooped more but still small....and worryingly i see a cecal smudge on the cage floor.....he only gets them when he needs a dental or has this tummy prob...diet probs arent normally a worry for him as hes restricted normally and given more hay. ive just fed him some pellets..he ate two or three and then lay down..i hope its just cos hes been stuck in his cage with lily on the loose making him overexcited when she ramapges hrough his rooma nd stops for sniffys.

im rying to take the cats to vets in morning..had epilpetic attacks andhad to cancel. fingers crossed tomorrows gonna be ok. as for merlin....im cleaning out his cage tomorrow tray an all and confining him to hsi cage with just hay and a small spoonful of pellets....the only dietary prob he has is greens...!

need to rescue the herb pot...its gone yukky but if i take wet bits off and put the pot in a different tray with no wrapper...they usually grow again within a week. i need bucket loads of mint and basil and coriander to keep this lot happy...i just cant grow it..i kill plants as im forgetful:oops:

dont want to worry nikki so i didnt say his bum had smudged the cage floor a little patch.....i will just keep an eye on him...maybe medicate him after all...will ask ruth if shes on if theres anything else i can give him.

keep those vibes coming...he really needs em...and i really appreciate it.

its been nearly a year since dazy mae was pts and the following day merlin was given a very slight chance of making it...he was there for over a week...just in time..a few more hours..half a day tops..hed have not survived.

Back