• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have i done the right thing? urgent advice please

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
Got home today to find that Bella wasn't weight-bearing on her back right leg, called the vet and they can see her first thing in the morning.

i have built a NIC pen in the living room for her to stay in over night to limit her movement but she and Edward can still see and smell each other.

is this ok?

advice needed please!

p.s. Bella is still eating, pooing and weeing

sounds like you've done the right thing as she doesn't seem to be showing the usual signs of pain in that she's eating and pooping etc.

is she usually free-range and that's why you've set up a pen?

sounds like you've done the right thing as she doesn't seem to be showing the usual signs of pain in that she's eating and pooping etc.

is she usually free-range and that's why you've set up a pen?

yes, she and Edward have the run of the living room, he seemed to notice her sore leg as he kept sniffing at it at that made her run (well limp) away and that's what i wanted to avoid, thought it best to keep her as comfortably confined as possible, i've put a litter tray in with her aswell as some noms and water.

Bella's vet visit........good vibes wanted!!

took Bella to the vets first thing this morning and thankfully saw the "nice vet". he gave her a thorough exam and established that there was no sign of dislocation as both back legs were of equal length, no sign of fracture in the leg or the toes. he did find that her knee was slightly swollen and hot to the touch, she confirmed this by squirming, as if to "ouch" that ****** hurt.

she had a jab of anti-inflammatory and i was sent home with some Metacam to give over the next few days.

vet reckons she has "wrenched" her knee, maybe the human version of a twist or a sprain, have erected a nic pen so she and Edward can be together but without the freedom of the whole room as i want her to rest as much as possible. she is managing to jump into the litter tray for wee's and poo's and her appetite is still good.

good vibes for my little BellBell please

Hope it's sorted easily. Elf was similar but with him it was his middle toe that was causing him to limp. Sending vibes :wave:

awww vibes for bellbell and that her ouchie leg feels better soon x

thankyou!!

when i got back from the vet this morning she was periscoping up on both back legs and i thought she was fine, but this evening she is still not right, her sore knee is obviously giving her jip!

Back