• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Rabbit Savvy Vets in Chelsea, London Area?

Hi There
I use the Sainsbury's Beaumont Animal Hospital in Camden. It's part of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. Final year students are heavily involved in the procedures but experienced & qualified rabbit savvy vet's are ALWAYS observing & ready to step in should there be a problem. I have taken my two for their jabs there, nail trimmings, health check, and my little girl had her spay their too. I was more then happy with the care they received. Obviously being part of a college their prices are very good too. For example I only found out about these guys cos my previous vet's in North London wanted.. wait for it... £240 to spay my girl!!! After having looked on the forum & at what others were paying I realised this was an obscene amount to be charging (even for London) - so went about researching other options. At the veterinary college they charged me a total of £59 for the spay, and that included after care meds, a stay over night & a follow up appointment a week later (and a free nail clipping to boot). All the vets / students i met were lovely & really seemed to know the rabbit knowledge. Vaccs aren't quite so cheap - £22 each i think. Fortunately I have not had to take my rabbits in for any other health issues, but I know they are definitely cheaper than most due to the student aspect. As I said though, these are final year students - fully supervised, and if you ask me they have got to learn & practice at some point, so i feel my rabbits are getting great care while also helping the students & therefore vets of the future. Let me know if you want any further details / advice. Ambski (mum to Lazzle & Herm's)

Back