• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upgrading hutch

Mariac1510

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

I have been looking at small wooden playhouses for my two rabbits as it's now time for a new hutch, i was then thinking i could make it extend onto their run.

I have just come across this - In your opinion do you think this this is ideal? I would attach their run they already have to this as it's too small without. I like that it's already insulated.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_hutches/outback_hutches/261319

Many thanks

That's quite small, only four foot long, so the total area will only be about 16 sq ft. I'd go with a playhouse and attached run myself :)

That's quite small, only four foot long, so the total area will only be about 16 sq ft. I'd go with a playhouse and attached run myself :)

Yeah I think you should get a playhouse or shed.
And how is it insulated?

Agree with both of the above.

How you can call the underside part a 'run' i'll never know. My two wouldnt make two hops in that space :(

Oh no, i would never leave them with just that little space at the bottom, I have a large run that i would attach to it. This house would be mainly for just the night time then they would have use of this and their run in the day.

How big is the run that you will attach?

This will then give an idea of the total space which will be available :D

I would personally stick with the playhouse/shed option with your existing run permanantly attached for constant access :)

Back