• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for Pets/Other suppliers

Hi :) I know there are a fair amount of you who use Hay for Pets. Im just wondering as im thinking about changing my supplier. How long does a 9.5Kg bale last (i have 3 rabbits) and which type do your buns prefer?

Any other reccomendations welcome. I need a supplier who can deliver to your door as i rarely have use of the car. Im in the North East.

Thank you. xx

Normally meadow, although this bad hasn't gone down so well, but the previous 10 or so did!

The 9.5Kg bag lasts us ~3 weeks, with 2 good hay eaters.

H4P do delivery to the door too, so thats a plus.

Normally meadow, although this bad hasn't gone down so well, but the previous 10 or so did!

The 9.5Kg bag lasts us ~3 weeks, with 2 good hay eaters.

H4P do delivery to the door too, so thats a plus.
Thanks Gray :)

Have you ever tried their straw? Mine use hay for bedding along with chopped, dust extracted straw so that i can make the hay last longer. I guess it wouldnt last 3 weeks if i used it for bedding aswell. I may order a bag to try though. Its just quite expensive compared to what i ususally buy.

Thanks Gray :)

Have you ever tried their straw? Mine use hay for bedding along with chopped, dust extracted straw so that i can make the hay last longer. I guess it wouldnt last 3 weeks if i used it for bedding aswell. I may order a bag to try though. Its just quite expensive compared to what i ususally buy.

Can't say i have, don't really use straw :wave:

It may be expensive, but you have to remember, its coming door>door, and most of the price is actually carriage :)

We are currently using dust free hay and we are getting through just under 4kg of hay per week plus 1kg of straw (we use a layer for bedding now its got colder and then stack hay on top). we have two buns, both good hay eaters and I replace the litter trays daily so empty out and bin everything and refil :) I also put a alot in their bed area and the upstairs landing of their hutch has straw on the bottom and then quite thick hay on the top :)
ETA Mine are outdoor bunnies.

Another vote for dustfreehay, and I think they do straw too.

Although Alfred has decided the west wales willow hay is the way to go now :lol:

Back