• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have my new bunny now! Think she's as mad as me!

abigiggle

New Kit
Hi :wave:

We picked Ebony up on Tuesday night and she is absolutely perfect! I do think she is a little bit bonkers though... We left her cage door open and within half an hour she decided to hop out on her own! I'd bought a bridge thing for her to get in and out of the cage and she hasn't gone near it - she just leaps in and out whenever she wants.

We let her have a wander around the lounge (seeing as she was brave enough to come out on her own) and she had her nose in everything, hopping up on all sorts like she'd been there forever and knew exactly where she was. She was running up and down leaping in the air and looked really happy :D

Yesterday i stayed in with her (had a bad experience a couple of months ago, lost a bunny 2 days after we had her from a pet shop so im quite nervous) and i set up the pen i got so she can run around in a big area and get in and out of her cage comfortably. One thing i have noticed is she poos for england!! I've never seen so much poo!! Is this normal? She's just over 8 weeks old and everything i've read says limit their pellets to reduce the pooing but i've also read that babies need unlimited access to food? One other thing with the poo, she isnt eating those soft ones that they're meant to? (cecotrophes??) Is this normal? I have to pick them off her as they get a bit stuck...

Last night i was doing some work and she kept running over to me and nudging my leg so eventually i picked her up and put her in my lap and next thing she started licking me! And shes licked me today as well when i picked her up to check her bum!! :love:

Oh, one more question, her wee is like a weird dark yellowy colour, not clear at all, very clouded, is that normal?

Sorry for all the questions! Oh and here she is...

PB160113.jpg

PB160125.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, she is absolutely adorable!

Others will know more about the cecotrophs (she does need to eat those) & wee questions.

I'm afraid I can't really help with your questions because I don't really know about young bunnies.

I just had to say oh my goodness she is so so gorgeous :love:-look at those helicopter ears. She reminds me of my Poppy when I first got her (but Poppy didn't have the wonky ears :lol:).

Wee sounds normal, it tends to vary in colour depending on what food they have had :D

What are you feeding on her on at the moment? How old is she (as close as possible)?

Im asking re the caecotrophs :)

I can see where GrahamL is going with this ;) Certain types of pellets can give some bunnies excess cecotrophs the Excel pellets have a bit of a reputation for that which is easily fixed by switching to another brand like Science Selective, it cured my Dudley!

Cloudy wee can indicate a lot of calcium in the food. Bunnies dont absorb it so get rid of it in their wee. It's good to limit the calcium rich foods and if you search on here there are several threads about it.

She looks adorable I love the periscoping one :love:

What are you feeding on her on at the moment? How old is she (as close as possible)?

Im asking re the caecotrophs :)

She was born the day before i got married, the 16th September. So she's 8 weeks and 6 days.

She has pellets and hay, the pellets don't say much on the pack, we got them from the breeder, they are dodson and horrell rabbit pellets. protein 17%, oil 2.5%, fibre 14%, and ash 7%. Thats all the info on there. I haven't given her any greens so far as i wasn't sure if she's meant to have them yet and also wanted her to settle in before i added things to her diet so i can watch poos etc.

Back