• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tinky is still refusing food U/D 43 - home and very happy

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
She wasn't right at breakfast time when she didn't eat all the Excel then just lay in a corner while Rudy ate the greens.:cry: She seemed bright enough then though. She doesn't always bother with greens, she can take or leave them. In the last hour and a half she's refused everything, raspberry leaves, apple leaves, grass, Fenugreek Crunchie - the lot. She's now laid in a corner having been shuffling about.:cry::cry: I hate that she's going to be stressed going to the vets, but it just has to be done. Rudy has eaten everything I've tried to tempt her with:roll: If she starts eating in the next half hour I won't have to take her but I'm not holding out much hope of that.:cry:

Tink has only had one episode like this before, about 6 months ago and there was nothing much to find.

Last edited:
:cry:

Has she poo'd ?

I'm not sure. There is poop since yesterday evening, definitely hers but not sure about this morning. Just been to check and she's now laid in the litter tray (something she does anyway sometimes, but she's breathing a bit quickly)

She's seeing Frances in about an hours time so I've only 20 minutes or so before I set off. She was like this last time though and the blood glucose, x-ray etc were nothing much to write home about. :?

:( Poor Tinks. Smudge is the same, he hates the vet's trip so I usually wait half an hour but if he hasn't perked up I end up taking him as by that point he's already been stressed by something and it's affected his tum.

THanks everybody.

:( Poor Tinks. Smudge is the same, he hates the vet's trip so I usually wait half an hour but if he hasn't perked up I end up taking him as by that point he's already been stressed by something and it's affected his tum.

Yes, Tink hates being handles - Frances will be bracing herself for examining a poorly Tink. She describes her as "the one you have got show respect to" as she's practically like a feral cat when under stress :cry::cry:

Logging off now while I get everybody's dinner ready and catch Tink.

Quick u/d as at work.

Blood glucose is 14 so quite high but not in the 'danger' zone. FHB is x-raying her now and I'll get further news in 1/2 hour or so. Her stomach didn't feel big though :)

Hi thanks for vibing and asking after her.

I've just got in from work and then off the phone to Tinks' Aunty Ruth.

The x-ray did show she had some food in her stomach but nothing that suggested she had a blockage. FHB managed to x-ray her without the need for sedation which deserves a medal!

Sadly Tink is proving very difficult to syringe feed and I don't think they've managed to get her to eat yet but she did appear brighter in the last 10 minutes or so and they have managed to get Domperidone etc into her so *hopefully* she'll start eating on her own soon - no known reason not to.

Poor little love is very stressed though :cry::cry::cry: Oh and when I left her in the consulting room and filled out the paperwork in reception you could hear loads of loud thumps - it's a wonder the building didn't shake :oops:

Awww, bless her. :love: I really hope she's well enough to come home soon; it certainly sounds like she's making her disapproval known!! :lol:

Back