PDA

View Full Version : Tinky is still refusing food U/D 43 - home and very happy

Bunny Buddy
17-11-2011, 11:48 AM
She wasn't right at breakfast time when she didn't eat all the Excel then just lay in a corner while Rudy ate the greens.:cry: She seemed bright enough then though. She doesn't always bother with greens, she can take or leave them. In the last hour and a half she's refused everything, raspberry leaves, apple leaves, grass, Fenugreek Crunchie - the lot. She's now laid in a corner having been shuffling about.:cry::cry: I hate that she's going to be stressed going to the vets, but it just has to be done. Rudy has eaten everything I've tried to tempt her with:roll: If she starts eating in the next half hour I won't have to take her but I'm not holding out much hope of that.:cry:

Tink has only had one episode like this before, about 6 months ago and there was nothing much to find.

GrahamL
17-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Sending bucket loads of vibes for Tinky. C'mon littlen, eat for mummy!

Jack's-Jane
17-11-2011, 11:51 AM
:cry:

Has she poo'd ?

Bunny Buddy
17-11-2011, 11:54 AM
:cry:

Has she poo'd ?

I'm not sure. There is poop since yesterday evening, definitely hers but not sure about this morning. Just been to check and she's now laid in the litter tray (something she does anyway sometimes, but she's breathing a bit quickly)

She's seeing Frances in about an hours time so I've only 20 minutes or so before I set off. She was like this last time though and the blood glucose, x-ray etc were nothing much to write home about. :?

poppymoon
17-11-2011, 11:55 AM
:(
hope she starts moving, eating and pooping soon to hopefully prevent a stressy vet trip. x

Elena
17-11-2011, 11:57 AM
:( Poor Tinks. Smudge is the same, he hates the vet's trip so I usually wait half an hour but if he hasn't perked up I end up taking him as by that point he's already been stressed by something and it's affected his tum.

Bunny Buddy
17-11-2011, 12:03 PM
THanks everybody.

:( Poor Tinks. Smudge is the same, he hates the vet's trip so I usually wait half an hour but if he hasn't perked up I end up taking him as by that point he's already been stressed by something and it's affected his tum.

Yes, Tink hates being handles - Frances will be bracing herself for examining a poorly Tink. She describes her as "the one you have got show respect to" as she's practically like a feral cat when under stress :cry::cry:

Logging off now while I get everybody's dinner ready and catch Tink.

KarenM
17-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Sending lots and lots of vibes. xxxx

Bunny Buddy
17-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Quick u/d as at work.

Blood glucose is 14 so quite high but not in the 'danger' zone. FHB is x-raying her now and I'll get further news in 1/2 hour or so. Her stomach didn't feel big though :)

poppymoon
17-11-2011, 05:26 PM
hope you get more good news later x

KarenM
17-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Is there any more news Alison? :love:

ripminnie
17-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Sending tons of vibes, hope she's feeling better now x

mini lop1
17-11-2011, 05:49 PM
vibes for tinky

Jack's-Jane
17-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I hope that Tinks is doing better now ?

Bunny Buddy
17-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi thanks for vibing and asking after her.

I've just got in from work and then off the phone to Tinks' Aunty Ruth.

The x-ray did show she had some food in her stomach but nothing that suggested she had a blockage. FHB managed to x-ray her without the need for sedation which deserves a medal!

Sadly Tink is proving very difficult to syringe feed and I don't think they've managed to get her to eat yet but she did appear brighter in the last 10 minutes or so and they have managed to get Domperidone etc into her so *hopefully* she'll start eating on her own soon - no known reason not to.

Poor little love is very stressed though :cry::cry::cry: Oh and when I left her in the consulting room and filled out the paperwork in reception you could hear loads of loud thumps - it's a wonder the building didn't shake :oops:

Jack's-Jane
17-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I really hope she will start eating soon so that she can come home xx

KarenM
17-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Awww, bless her. :love: I really hope she's well enough to come home soon; it certainly sounds like she's making her disapproval known!! :lol:

Bunny Buddy
17-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I really hope she will start eating soon so that she can come home xx

Thanks
and Thanks Auntie Karen too. She must be very scared having felt so poorly and then being away from home and away from big soppy Rudy.

Jack's-Jane
18-11-2011, 07:34 AM
I hope that you will receive good news about Tinks this morning xx

mini lop1
18-11-2011, 09:58 AM
hope tinky is better this morning too :wave:

Bunny Buddy
18-11-2011, 10:50 AM
The news so far this morning is that the is brighter today and has taken a syringe feed well. Ruth will be discussing her with FHB later and I've to ring again to find out the conclusion. :( Reading between the lines then she's not eating for herself yet, sooo I'm wondering if they are thinking of having a good look at her teeth or something such...

KarenM
18-11-2011, 11:28 AM
It's good news that she's feeling brighter but I hope you get a clearer picture of what's going on later. :):)

Jack's-Jane
18-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Maybe she is not eating due to stress now ?

Sending lots more vibes xx

helgalush
18-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Glad she is a little brighter, sending vibes for her x

Bunny Buddy
18-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Maybe she is not eating due to stress now ?
Sending lots more vibes xx

No, I *think* just the handling would stress her. I'm pretty confident if she feels well she would eat once she's settled. Back in May at the vets she ate well after the painkillers kicked in so based on that and the fact that she's bright I *think* there's something more going on.

mini lop1
18-11-2011, 11:39 AM
hope she feels better soon, sending more vibes x

esupi
18-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Sorry Tinks isn't feeling well - hope she continues to improve.

Bunny Buddy
18-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks everybody :love:

Tinks has eaten a little now and I can take her home if I think she will eat better at home or leave her there. It's a hard one especially as they don't do their own OOH this evening. BUT there would be no reason for her not to eat other than stress.

I can't pick her up until after work now and I have a flipping doctor's appointment after work that took ages for me to be able to book! after work so will see the doc and then dash for Tink ... I will ring them late afternoon for a verdict to see if she's still okay and better at home. At least if she needs it they maybe will syringe feed her before I collect her.

I'll update when I can.

Bunny Buddy
18-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I rang late afternoon and the message was Frances feels she would be better staying as she'd not eaten enough :( Poor Tinky. It's a really hard call to know whether it's stress or something more but they are used to judging that as well as anyone can so .... see what tomorrow will brings

:(:(

Jack's-Jane
18-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh dear, I was really hoping she could come home :cry:

Hopefully tomorrow will bring better news xx

Bunny Buddy
18-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh dear, I was really hoping she could come home :cry:

Hopefully tomorrow will bring better news xx

Thanks. Looking on the bright side - if she can't be here there's nowhere I'd be more settled about her being.

Jack's-Jane
18-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks. Looking on the bright side - if she can't be here there's nowhere I'd be more settled about her being.

That's true :)

mini lop1
18-11-2011, 06:32 PM
sending more vibes for tinky tonight x

Tinsel
18-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Adding more top-up vibes too! :wave:

KarenM
18-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry Tinks didn't get to come home but she couldn't be in better hands. I hope you get a good update in the morning. :love:

Debster
18-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Hope Tinks is much better tomorrow and she can come home xx

rabbitapril
18-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Sending vibes for tink.
I think Fhb is realy cautious about sending bunnies home that arnt eating well.

I really wanted my bunny, Henry, in there today. His reoccurring tooth root abscess has flared up again, I am dismayed to find FHB wont be back unill the 29th:(
I am counting down the hours untill she returns.
But if Henry shows any sign of distress he will have to go to another vet. I am very stressed.

Oompa-Loompa
19-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Sending lots of vibes for Tinky xxx

Captain Helen
19-11-2011, 12:05 AM
I hope she starts eating soon and can come home tomorrow. Sending lots of vibes for Tinks xx

*lily*
19-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Sending loads of good wishes for a speedy recovery xxx

poppymoon
19-11-2011, 09:24 AM
hope she's eaten well overnight xxx

Bunny Buddy
19-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all the vibes and good wishes everyone. Rudy is bearing up well, bless him. My gut instinct says she's coming home today unless she's no longer bright in herself/they suspect a reason for her not eating and further investigations are needed.

Sending vibes for tink.
I think Fhb is realy cautious about sending bunnies home that arnt eating well.

I really wanted my bunny, Henry, in there today. His reoccurring tooth root abscess has flared up again, I am dismayed to find FHB wont be back unill the 29th:(
I am counting down the hours untill she returns.
But if Henry shows any sign of distress he will have to go to another vet. I am very stressed.

Have you ever consulted with Ruth? I know you're travelling a hell of a long way but Ruth has been FHB's right hand woman for over 3 years now and is a darn good bunny vet. If Henry's been an inpatient Ruth will have been overseeing his care at some point anyway. I know she's not THE rabbit vet but I trust her completely with her knowledge and judgement (and she will be in touch with FHB throughout if FHB is away for conferences, poss holidays as well but not sure about that).

Bunny Buddy
19-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Sorry I couldn't update earlier - I have no phone line for a few hours this morning - I had to ring vets from my mobile to see if she could come home.

Tink is home and she's really bright and sociable :D:D

She was eating hay within a few minutes of returning. Rudy spent ages sniffing her :roll: Half hour after they were reunited I walked through the room they were snuggled with him grooming her outstretched head :love: :love: It's wonderful to have her back.

KarenM
19-11-2011, 03:02 PM
That's great news, welcome home Tinks!! :love::love::love:

esupi
19-11-2011, 03:07 PM
:) Glad Tinks is ok

Jack's-Jane
19-11-2011, 03:24 PM
That's great news :D

mini lop1
19-11-2011, 05:27 PM
:D yeah great news, glad she home where she belongs :love:

Bunny Buddy
19-11-2011, 09:50 PM
:wave: Thanksies. :D

It's so lovely having Tinkabub back. It's easy to forget what presence each bunny has but she is just adorable - so, she doesn't like being handled or fussed but she runs over begging with her big warm brown eyes and she melts my heart every time :love::love:

Jack's-Jane
19-11-2011, 09:54 PM
:wave: Thanksies. :D

It's so lovely having Tinkabub back. It's easy to forget what presence each bunny has but she is just adorable - so, she doesn't like being handled or fussed but she runs over begging with her big warm brown eyes and she melts my heart every time :love::love:

Awwwwwwwwwwww :love: :love: :love:

KarenM
19-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Awwww, bless her. :love::love::love:

Captain Helen
19-11-2011, 10:25 PM
That's great news! :) Glad she's feeling better xx

poppymoon
20-11-2011, 09:20 PM
so pleased she's home and well:love: