• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mole - dental - u/d Home and nomming!

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
He's having his incisors removed today. Fingers crossed all goes well. Poor little boy, that's two dental ops and a neutering (2 GAs) in the space of a month since I got him. :(

Last edited:
Thank you all. :love:

The vet has just texted me to say Mole is fine and all but one of the incisors came out cleanly. He's not too worried about the remaining (peg) tooth ie the one that didn't come out cleanly but we'll see how it goes. He says his molars are strange but not problematic at this stage - will know more when I see him but it sounds as if it's gone pretty well, all things considered.

Thank you again! :wave:

Sorry I missed this earlier!! Well done for being a brave boy Mole, and glad that it has all gone well. Sending recovery vibes. :D

Thanks for all the good wishes. He stayed there overnight and is coming home this morning. :wave:

There *may* be pics over the weekend.... ;)

Aw I will definitely take a few. :wave:

I collected Mole and they said he had eaten loads, including hay and all the food I took for him. He's had two big meals since he's been home and is back to the vet for a check up on Monday. I should find out then exactly what the positition is with the peg tooth and more importantly the state of his back teeth. I'm hopeful that now he's got access to hay for the first time and has started eating it since his broken molar grew back, his molars will start to normalise a little. We'll have to see though. At least there are no abscesses/immediate problems and he's home and eating enthusiastically, so all's well for now :wave:

Only other concern is he only weights 1.7kg and hasn't gained weight since I've had him, so I'll be treating him for coccidiosis and EC as a precaution as well. I'm not sure whether he can eat his caecs, which might be compromising his weight gain a bit, but three dishes of soaked pellets and veg a day should counterbalance that... :?

It sounds like he's got a healthy appetite; I hope it's good news on Monday. And don't forget those photos. ;):p

Great news. :)
I'm rooting for the little guy. The peg tooth might keep on growing if they couldn't get the whole root. I can't remember if I already said, my sister's rabbit Dexter has one that comes back but he usually knocks it out himself as he charges about. Grim has one which is growing straight out the front of his mouth. They're not too much of an issue unless they rub in the mouth.

He seems to be recovering really well. Perhaps he'll put on a lot of weight now he can eat properly, but if not worming is a good idea and you could always give him some porridge, as long as it doesn't stop him eating his hay. :)

Back