• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting again!

rolo

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

My housebun Rolo is moulting again!! He had a major, major moult during August. It was his first proper moult. He turned one around then.

But the last few days, its started again. And it seems as bad as the first one.

How many times do housebuns usually moult. He seems to get quite grumpy when hes shedding fur. Is this normal? And his appetite has gone through the roof.

Rach x

Buns need ~40% additional energy to moult, so yes, his appetite could be huge. You could assist him by brushing him at least once a day to get the excess fur away from his body :)

Biscuit has odd moults and just seems to moult randomly, as they aren't outside, its not a spring/summer/winter/autumn type situation, as the temperature, although deviating is nothing like outside obviously.

Ginger still hasn't finished her first moult :roll:

Mine have a moult at the beginning of summer, and one at the beginning of winter. By the time the last one has finished the summer moult, one of them will have began the winter moult :roll: Fur is the bain of my existance! :evil:

Boris is moulting quite heavily right now which doesn't help matters as he has a respiratory infection :( AND he hates being brushed :roll:

Well a very bad-tempered Rolo-bun is brushed of all his loose fur. Now sat glaring at me by his bowl. Making his "grumpy" noise.

Think I should fill it with his fave pellets and hope he forgives me.:)

Rach x

P.S. I HATE moulting time!!!

Ada (standard rex) sheds little sprigs of fur every now and again. I wonder if they will moult properly once the central heating is on.

Back