• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If your rabbit could have one conversation with you what do you think it would be?

Janey

Warren Veteran
As title....

If your bunny had the opportunity where it could speak to you what topic do you think it would choose?

I think Poppy would choose to talk about food (I hope it would be that rather than her displeasure at going to the vets).

With Peter I really don't know, but I would want to tell him that he is allowed to move off the tiny bit of carpet he chooses to sit on in his room all the time (well I do tell him this, but I'd like him to understand :lol:).

I think it would be about Buckley. Because I know what I want, but I'd like to know what he wants, how he feels when I'm not at home, and what I can do to make him the happiest bunny in the world.

I think food would be the topic here too after all it does seem to be the favourite persuit!!! :D

Mummy I'm sooooo Happy to be Home!! :love:

Wilson talk: Mum I feel sooo good being home from the vets and my mouth feels sooo much better. I know I argued with you last night over my pellets but now I can't stop eating! and I have decided that you must give me lots and lots of cuddles on demand, nothing is more important than me! :lol: Love you, nuzzle, crunch teeth....now let me out in the garden or I'm going to chew your jeans!

I'd like to discuss with Orla why she doesn't wee and poop in the litter tray!

I'd ask Rodge if he was happy & apologise for Orla weeing on the hay all the time! :lol:

Me to Rolo-bun "Why do you keep weeing and pooing in the bathroom, when you have a nice litter tray to use????"

Rolo "Cos I want to!!! And I can!!!"

Yep, that about says it all!:roll:

Rach x

I'd like Oliver to talk about Topsy - to see if he remembers and misses her but I supsect he'd bargain for more food.

At present I'm watching Spice run about trying to get back to the other 2 buns I've separated her from to feed on the advice of the vet yesterday, cos we think she's at the bottom of the food pecking order and on the thin side. I'd tell her to eat her breakfast (which she keeps running past) then she'll get back to them. She and her sister are both running along different sides of the fence trying to work out how to get to each other :(

And I'd tell them all if they gave Spice a fair share of the food, I wouldn't need to separate her!

Oh and I'd like them to tell me what it is about digging holes in the garden that is more appealing than the diggy box :lol:

I'd tell Matilda to stop being such a mardy cow aha!

Grayson would defo be food related!

Rolo- I would ask him to kindly stop eating his hutch!!

Smartie- I'd tell him to keep being soo cute!

Crunchie- to be abit more brave and not so shy!

Daisy- to stop getting snuffles, and to calm down abit ha

Albert- moult faster aha!

ESTELLE: I would love to be the sort of bunny that enjoys cuddles, but I'm not. I'm just rather nervous even with you Mummy. I do love you so, so much though and so grateful for giving me a forever home.

FRANKIE: More fun, more food, more cuddles, more of everything. Yippee!!

I'd like to ask them if they are happy with their life here with me, and if something can be improved to make things better. I'd explain to them how important it is to always let me know when something isn't right so I can help them. But I'm sure the topic of why the pellets are gone would be brought up eventually :lol:

I'd talk to Ginger about her condition, ask her how she feels and if she wants anything else done for her.

I'd talk to Biscuit about his digging and why he does it, is it out of frustration/upset/pain, or is it just fun?

Shame it won't ever happen. I'd love to do better by them.

I think about this quite a lot, and I would be hard pushed to choose just one thing. But I suppose the best use of one conversation would be to create a system that we could use for further communication in the future. (THough that's like saying you'd use "one wish" to ask for more wishes, isn't it? :) )

I would like to ask them how I can make them happier and more comfortable, and to find out what they think of it here.
I would like to hear about their memories of their lives before I met them. (I even think about where their bunny ancestors may have been decades or centuries ago and how they might have lived.)
What do they think about cage cleaning and how often would they like it done?
What are their opinions on euthanasia / PTS? (I hate the idea of having to make this decision for a living being that has never been able to tell me their own thoughts)
There are lots of things I'd like to explain to them:
about the vets and travelling (which they don't really seem to mind much though)
about medicine and how we are trying to help them, and the way some of it tastes nice and some of it doesn't
That I can be a bit clumsy and not well sometimes and please not to stand near or move fast near my feet when I might not be able to see them (If I could get them to do that then keeping them out at night would be more of an option.)

I think about this quite a lot, and I would be hard pushed to choose just one thing. But I suppose the best use of one conversation would be to create a system that we could use for further communication in the future. (THough that's like saying you'd use "one wish" to ask for more wishes, isn't it? :) )

I would like to ask them how I can make them happier and more comfortable, and to find out what they think of it here.
I would like to hear about their memories of their lives before I met them. (I even think about where their bunny ancestors may have been decades or centuries ago and how they might have lived.)
What do they think about cage cleaning and how often would they like it done?
What are their opinions on euthanasia / PTS? (I hate the idea of having to make this decision for a living being that has never been able to tell me their own thoughts)
There are lots of things I'd like to explain to them:
about the vets and travelling (which they don't really seem to mind much though)
about medicine and how we are trying to help them, and the way some of it tastes nice and some of it doesn't
That I can be a bit clumsy and not well sometimes and please not to stand near or move fast near my feet when I might not be able to see them (If I could get them to do that then keeping them out at night would be more of an option.)

A communication system would be a very good idea.

In reality there is loads I would like to be able to ask.

I always say to my two 'if there is a problem thump', which of course they don't understand, however, it means whenever they do thump I have to go and check it out-just incase, which is normally in the middle of the night when Peter is spooked for no problem (and he lives inside so there is nothing to scare him really).

I would also like to explain that when I say 'No' it's for their benefit not mine, and perhaps explain the reason that chewing wires is not allowed.

Maybe I should have entitled this thread-what one thing would you ask your bunny if you could!?

i would ask Buddy if he was happy with the girls as he sometimes sits on his own like they are bugging him a bit!

i would ask Blousy if she was happy and kept stimulated as she is always on the go and looking for things to do! (always changing the run and looking for new ideas)

i would ask lula why she liked sitting outside all the time, no matter what the weather is like!

I suspect any conversation with Murphy would go more along these lines

me: Ok Murph, what can we do to make things better?

Murphy: You are both a constant disappointment to me. I DEMAND more pellets, more spring greens, to be allowed to chew all the wires and your brand new furniture at all times without being clapped at and you shouting 'no!!!' at me. It displeases me so. Why can't you understand me? I shake my ears at you and flick my feet at you all the time. Sometimes I thump. And still you don't realise that it's just not good enough!

Me: oh :cry:

Murphy: but I do love you. Tickle behind my ears, won't you?!

:love::love::love:

I don't need to wonder because I know the conversation Sprocket has with me every day. It's "Mum, can I have a treat?"

I would Imagine Widget would ask why I;m so obsessed with stroking her feet.. :thumb:

At the moment, I think they would both scream: "Stop petting the impostor, and focus on ME!"

And the odds chorus of: "MORE FOOD!!!!" :)

Back