• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To vets or not?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Went out to Strawbs this morning to find some blood in his house. Checked him over and all I can find is one hock looks like it had bled.

He is fine in himself and doesn't seem bothered. I put carpet down on his shelf at the weekend so I think that has made his hock sore.

Would you bother with the vet tonight after work or just keep an eye on it?

No he hasnt. It doesn't look infected at all. It was hard to see where the loos had come from- I assume it was the hock as as it was spread over his foot.

I imagine most will say go to the vet, however, will there be anything for the vet to really look at?

I once saw blood on my bedroom floor, i couldnt find anything on either bunny so didnt take them to the vets because im sure they wouldnt have been able to find where it had come from either, it could have been my foot or something but i couldnt see anything on me either.

Its hard to say but if you feel his foot is ok and you can remove the carpet to prevent it happening agai you could do that!?

Well just got home and checked him- he has cleaned himself up and I cant see at all now where the blood came from. I think it may have been him catching a nail as his hock looks ok.

Back