• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

big carrier with a really large opening?

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
Right, I am STILL searching for a good carrier for my buns and I need more help.

I've found the ferplast atlas mini which seems like a good option for me.
It's got a nice big opening at the front with sliding doors so hopefully the bunnies will be happier going in to it than they are in to a cardboard box or cat carrier. If they aren't happy going in on their own it also makes it easier for me to manhandle them in.
It's 72(L) x41(W) x51(H) (about the footprint of a bed pillow) so definitely big enough for my trio but possibly a bit of a pain to carry due to height. Oh, and it's not light at 4.5kg.
On the upside it could be used as a bed as well which is ideal.
BAhbB1sHOgZmIisyMDExLzA4LzIyLzE1XzA5XzI3XzQ3MF8wMjAwMDAyMzc3LmpwZ1sIOgZwOgp0aHVtYiIMODAweDYwMA.jpg.jpg

Does anyone know of anything similar which is shorter? Or even a bit smaller overall. Something 40x60 would probably be ok. And something lighter-weight wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks in advance.:wave:

What about this? http://www.hoppingmad.org/E3/carrierreview.htm

The whole top of it opens. (it's a bit fiddly the first couple of times, but it seems to be wearing in, or I'm getting used to it.)

Size: 51 cm L x 33 cm W x 35 cm H (20in x 13in x 13.75in) according to one site. Too small?

It feels a bit flimsier than it looks, but can't comment on actual durability as I've only had it for a few weeks.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit too small, and my buns would never go in there on their own. Trying to use a regular carrier for my buns is a nightmare :lol:

It is a gorgeous carrier though, I've seen it recommended a lot so I'm sure you'll get on well with it :)

Back