• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Back from the vets with Izzy

Alicia

Mama Doe
The vet that saw Izzy a few weeks ago asked me to bring her back today to go to the weight clinic the vet nurses do every afternoon. Last time she'd been to the vets she was 1.85kg, and today she was 1.8kg. I don't understand because to me she feels heavier and she's been eating a lot more than she was. The vet nurse thinks she should have put a bit of weight on by now, but she says apart from being a bit small she doesn't look unhealthy. I've been given a diet sheet and I've got to keep seperating her to feed her. I'm going to give her a lot more vegetables because she doesn't get many. Next week I'm going to Poland for a few days so Izzy and Archie are going to boarding so they can seperate her to feed her. I'm not really sure what to do, the vet nurse is going to ask the vet to phone tomorrow, and Izzy might have to go in regularly to get weight checked and just so the vet can see how she is.
The vet nurse didn't check her teeth, but I think the vet is going to ask us to make another appointment when she phones tomorrow because I think she will need to go back soon.
I don't know if I feel happy or not, because not very much has changed :(

Have you thought about supplementing the pellets with something? We were struggling to get Mischa to put on weight and it was only when I fed some of the Pro Fibre pellets along with normal pellets that he started to increase.

Back