• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shaved bunny - hair not growing back :(

KirstiRobinson

Warren Scout
About a month ago Charlie went in for bloods and my normal vet was in an operation so they had a new vet (just graduated) doing it.

When we arrived they took her straight out the back and didn't let us come in! She was gone for 30 minutes!! I was going nuts!
In the end I made a bit of a fuss and we were called into a room! Our normal vet was there and he apologised but it seemed they couldn't get the blood from her so they had called him out of the operation to do it! I was not impressed!

Anyway when we got home they had shaved both sides of her neck and her little front paw :evil: grrrr!
The hair on her leg has grown back but not on her neck at all :( they are quite big patches do you think this could be because she is generally unwell?

sometimes some bunnies fur takes a while longer to regrow sometimes it may take 6months or so, if she is also under the weather then this could be preventing it from regrowing as fast as usual, and when she perks up im sure it will start to regrow :wave:

Millys ear was bald for ages :lol: :love:
Charlies fur grew back really quick. Think it just depends on the bunnies

Poppy had a large area in her back shaved for an op, mist grew back quite quickly but one small Patch was still completely bald months later, i persumed it wod never grow back put I now cant find the patch so assume it has.

Starbuck had his ear shaved to get blood from and it took ages to grow back, a few months I think.

Their hair doesnt seem to grow in quite the same way as human hair, because they moult rather than continually growing, so you may find that it doesn't really grow back until your bun next has a moult and regrows their new coat. It's pretty normal :)

Their hair doesnt seem to grow in quite the same way as human hair, because they moult rather than continually growing, so you may find that it doesn't really grow back until your bun next has a moult and regrows their new coat. It's pretty normal :)

I'd agree with this.

Ginger has her spay shaved area bald for MONTHS, as did her sister i believe.

Back