• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Decided time for the chop!

Lost_blonde

Warren Scout
I have finally decieded that Thumper is going to go in for him to have his "bits removed", He is around 7 months old, but when we last went to the vets, he said he could have it done whenever, and was ready.

Thumper is normaly the best rabbit around, No biteing, scatching, loves to be picked up, and cudddles etc, but last couple of weeks that is changing. Nothing about his routne has changed, food is the same. although we did re-home one of our dogs (distressing reason, please dont judge us). the most our dog which is still with us has to do with thumper is just turn her head as he hops past her.

I also worry a bit about his weight, he seems a bit on the weedy side, although exstreamlly furry. i can eaisly feel his bones. he's eating/drinking well, and peeing/pooing well. should i try feed him up before i book him in? Also anything else that i should do/exspect, also should i be pre-paired to take time off work? I did think i i took him in on a friday, i could collect after work, and then have the weekend.....

Sorry for the rambling, just concerned where my freindly lil bun has gone and want the best for him :love:

:wave: hector had his plums removed back in September and was absolutely fine, I made sure I had all his favourite foods to tempt him in case he wouldn't eat, not needed I may add, home five mins and was tucking into his hay:). Like you I thought that having this done on a Friday giving me the weekend with him would be a good idea,however, I then considered that if by chance I needed to consult my vet I would only be able to do so until Saturday lunch time as then they close for the weekend. I didn't want to have to rely on an emergency vet who did not know hector so decided a few days off work was a fair trade for piece of mind. As it happens I didn't need the vet:D but enjoyed the three days at home anyway;) just something you might like to think about. I'm sure all will go well and look forward to your update:D
Andrea x

:wave: hector had his plums removed back in September and was absolutely fine, I made sure I had all his favourite foods to tempt him in case he wouldn't eat, not needed I may add, home five mins and was tucking into his hay:). Like you I thought that having this done on a Friday giving me the weekend with him would be a good idea,however, I then considered that if by chance I needed to consult my vet I would only be able to do so until Saturday lunch time as then they close for the weekend. I didn't want to have to rely on an emergency vet who did not know hector so decided a few days off work was a fair trade for piece of mind. As it happens I didn't need the vet:D but enjoyed the three days at home anyway;) just something you might like to think about. I'm sure all will go well and look forward to your update:D
Andrea x

thanks Andrea, i hadnt thought about the weekend vet side of things! certanly somthing to consider thank you :). Great to hear you bunny got on well, gives me a lot of hope. i'll hopefully have him booked in start of Dec. i'll get a new photo up too as his has got more fluffy lol xx

Back