• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola - She's sleeping now, forever dreaming U/D P158

Poor Lola :cry:

I hope she is doing better now

My Aisling has had a bloat episode 3 times now and each one was the only symptom of her having a HUGE molar spur. I dont understand it at all as she does not stop eating/pooping 100% normally til about an hour before she blows up like a balloon. As Lola is a Dental Bunny I wonder if she is being effected in the same way as Aisling ? It makes it really hard to monitor as short of checking in Aisling's mouth every few days, which she HATES, the bloat is my only clue as to the problem. I cant even go on time scales as she can go 3 months without a problem, but this time it was just 6 weeks.

Sending vibes for Lola xx

Thank you everyone. I rang at 3.30am and was told of no improvement but also she hadn't got any worse. I rang again at 6.00am still the same. I'm off in to see her at 8am to bring her favourite foods and such. Depending how she feels we may take her to Harcourt Brown. I feel quite empty and broken at the moment, I've taken today off again, so as O/H on sick, she's our world.

Jane I'm not sure it was only a few weeks back she needed a dental and I went to the vets yesterday morning for a RTI issue and was given antibiotics, the vet checked everything and there was no sign of bloat then, he checked her teeth too, but obviously I know a conscious inspection isn't always ideal and accurate.

I'll keep you updated. xxx

Stef, did you start the Azithromycin yesterday? What dose?

It has a bad effect on bunny tummys for the first few days they are on it so it seems. Ginger had it (GI slowdown, but she handled it herself, because she knows what to eat and when for her other issues) and Sky-O let me know that it can happen and has happened to her in the past if i remember rightly.

I wonder if you're seeing a side effect.

Stef, did you start the Azithromycin yesterday? What dose?

It has a bad effect on bunny tummys for the first few days they are on it so it seems. Ginger had it (GI slowdown, but she handled it herself, because she knows what to eat and when for her other issues) and Sky-O let me know that it can happen and has happened to her in the past if i remember rightly.

I wonder if you're seeing a side effect.

Aah, I did not realise she had other health issues and was on abx.

In that case I would think gut dysbiosis is more likely than Dental problems.

I really hope that Lola will respond to treatment and be well enough to come home later today xx

Back