• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fabric carrier for emergencies?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
What size roughly would i need for 2 buns!

its going to be my 'incase of a fire' carrier for my 2 indoor buns! will be put in a place I can get it easily and fast in an emergency!

its going to have a rope attached to it so I can lower it into my next door neighbours garden, so they are safe etc

Just wondering....are you choosing fabric so it can be packed away? Would the fabric be fire proof though? feel silly for mentioning it :oops:

Just wondering....are you choosing fabric so it can be packed away? Would the fabric be fire proof though? feel silly for mentioning it :oops:

yh so it can be folded away as*touchwood* i won't need it, and it dosnt really have to be fire proof aslong as it can take being lowed and lightly swung into the neighbours garden x

My fabric one took me ages to get together so make sure you try it to see how quick it could be before you buy.

Also mine chewed their way through it in no time, so if you have chewey buns it might be better to rethink. Maybe a plastic one could fit in a wardrobe or under your bed?

To be honest, I would try to fit in a plastic one too.

If you think about it logically, they COULD be in the carrier for some considerable time.

Do you have a plan for where to house the rabbits once you are out of the house, until you can move back in again? This could be a LONG time.

For instance, if it was a really bad fire, whether your bedroom was burned or not, you might be out of the house for weeks, never mind days.

After a fire, there are investigations by the fire brigade, THEN there's the insurance investigations and evaluations.

I do not know the exact ins and outs of what happens after a fire, I just guessed, there could be even more of a delay, should something be not quite right.

Have you considered fitting fire proofing to the door of the room that they are in? That way if it's a REALLY BAD fire, you have time to get the buns, then you out. This would also save their lives (if the smoke didn't get them) if you should have other family members (humans) to rescue first. (I don't know your set up.)

hope this helps xxx

Back