• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They want to be friends at last

Vita

Mama Doe
You'll probably think it's terrible that it's taken five or six weeks of bunny ownership for this to happen, but today Ada has started climbing onto my lap to sit down.
The first 2 weeks passed in a blur of vets visits for gut problems, grabbing and wrapping in towels and medication, so we barely had a chance to make friends and the rabbits were probably quite cross with me. Then Ada started sneezing all over the place.
But for the past week or so Ada has been getting better, and they have had time to wander in the house and to sometimes follow me about like hungry cats :D. A few days ago Ada started putting her paws up on to my legs when I crouched down and today she has started climbing up and sitting on me too. Beatrix is a bit shyer and less tame. It's also rather good exercise as it makes me stay in a squat position for several minutes (They don't go into rooms where I sit in chairs). Ada has excellent timing too: just now she jumped down right after the microwave bell went. :D

Aww that's great to hear!

It's not bad it took so long. Mine still don't come and sit with me :lol: after about 8 months!

Back