• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"He'll just have to die"

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
Someone at work got a bunny for her teenage son. She already knows she'll have to do most of the work for him if her son gets bored. And she said that she doesn't mind as she's already falling in love with him! She was asking me about nail clipping and I said I get my vet to do it, but I see the vet every month so that's not an issue for me... I suggested that she might want to look at insurance for him. She said that the monthly insurance would feed her kids for a week. Fair enough. So I told her that vet bills can get very expensive if something does go wrong and he gets poorly. So she said "well he'll just have to die then". I was just like :shock: How can someone say that after saying they love their pet?!

I'm so grateful that my OH picked a poorly bunny for me and that he didn't get stuck with someone who would just have had him pts or "let him die" by now because he's expensive :(

I hate the whole attitude of it's only a rabbit etc. I really hope the bun doesn't get poorly:( my piggie has already cost me over £500 and was worth every penny. Some people don't deserve pets:(:(:(

Rupert was being PTS because he has dental disease and his 'owner' didn't want to pay out. So they got a new bunny instead :evil:

IT'S NOT 'ONLY' A RABBIT IT'S A LITTLE LIFE!!!

:evil::evil:

My parents couldn't even give you a guesstimate of how much they spent on the buns, it was just what they did. Animal in pain = do what you can to make animal not in pain. SIMPLES.

typical throw away society that we live in :(

i'm bad at throwing "stuff" away but would never do that to a family pet! :(

Also unfortunately a lot of people see rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs etc. as throw away type pets, "oh well we'll get another one"

:roll:

I'm so grateful that my OH picked a poorly bunny for me and that he didn't get stuck with someone who would just have had him pts or "let him die" by now because he's expensive :(

I bet he makes up for it in personality! So if we're talking about value for money, I bet he more than makes up for it ;):love:

Hopefully if it came to that, she would relent and just cough up like we all do.

I work with social work and honestly, there are some people, who if they had to pay for their kids to be medically treated, would say the same thing. :evil::evil:

I hope for the bunny the he/she wins over his/her owner. So, that if needed they will save his/her life.
*some people* :censored:
I agree, the whole"it's only a rabbit thing" is very sad. :(

Back