• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone had a bunny on Zithromax?

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Lola has been put on this for discharge from one of her nostrils, just wondering if anyone has any experience with it? x

Yes, though only for about 9 days.

One of mine loves the stuff and will drink it from the syringe like a treat. It's significantly helped her sneezing already but she will be on it for a while. The other one isn't so keen and I squirt it on to a series of large basil leaves to get her to take it.

Yes I requested it for Olly's head tilt following advice on here. He hated it as it is a human medicine so it's made to appeal to our taste, not bunnies! It was a nightmare getting it into him and it didn't seem to do much for him, but your bun has a different problem so can't really compare! I think GrahamL has used it for Ginger :wave:

Yes - had both bunnies and piggies on Zithromax for URIs. I think it's amazing stuff and my vet always jokes that he should have shares in the company that makes it. I've never had a problem getting it down my critters. It's usually banana flavour so they seem to quite like it.

one of the many abx that Parsley has tried for his ear - cant really recall much about this one!!:oops::oops: he has had so many.

Think it may be the one he had at the same time as Rifampicin.

Aha just really wanted to know whether people were familiar with it. It's the first time I've encountered it and the first time a vet suggested to try it. Lola started a 2 week course today, the vet was brilliant :).

Its good to know people have used it before, I may have a few questions in a couple of days, depending on how things go!

Thank you everyone :D x

Back